Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes?

Options
rainingribbons
rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
Looking for some healthy and tasty vegetarian slow cooker recipes as the next three weeks I'll mostly just have a slow cooker to cook with at home!

Replies

• fallana
    fallana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    1 1/2 c. Chopped onion (I used creole veggie mix)
    1 c. sliced carrots
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 serrano chile, seeded & minced
    3 cups cooked chickpeas (canned)
    1 c. Green beans, cut in 1" lengths
    12 oz bag frozen cubed butternut squash
    1 c. Bell pepper, diced
    1 (14 oz) can vegetable broth
    1 can diced tomatoes
    2 T curry powder
    1 tsp brown sugar
    2 tsp grated ginger (I used jarred)
    1 tsp garam masala
    1/8 tsp cayenne
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup coconut milk (can use light)
    3 cups spinach leaves.

Put all ingredients (except coconut milk & spinach) into slow cooker. (I actually assembled all this the night before and placed in a gallon plastic back in the fridge.) Cook on low 7-8 hrs, till vegetables are tender. Add spinach and coconut milk, stir until spinach wilts. The original recipe called for 1 1/2 cups cubed, peeled baking potato or sweet potato. I had neither, so I omitted and added the squash. The squash broke down in the crockpot which actually helped to thicken the sauce and add another flavor dimension. You really could sub in and out any combo of veggies--great way to clean out the fridge!
  • fallana
    fallana Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also, Stephanie O'Dea has many vegetarian slow cooker recipes on her site. I've tried the eggplant parmesan with success, as well as some go the others. http://www.ayearofslowcooking.com/2005/12/vegetarian.html
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch! That recipe sounds amazing, and I'm excited to check out the others on the site as well! (: