Kirkland protein bars

Options
evileen99
evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
I couldn't find anything about these using the search function; forgive me if this has already been posted.

Was at Costco yesterday and noticed a box of Kirkland brand protein bars. I noticed they had 15 grams of fiber and 21 grams of protein, and Kirkland products are usually pretty good, so I bought a box.

They use whey protein, tapioca starch for fiber, and contain eythritol and stevia. They are gluten free,nice and soft, didn't have that stevia aftertaste for me/weren't too sweet, and come in chocolate and chocolate chip cookie dough.

I really like them, and for those who are mourning the loss of the old Quest bar, I think these are a fine replacement.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I tried them. While I like a few quest flavors, I found these TOO sweet, too overwhelming. Those are joining the victory bars as give aways to the homeless shelter nearby.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I love them! They keep me satiated for hours and with only 8 net carbs. I have one with my afternoon coffee every day. Mostly, I like the price! They are indeed very sweet and the texture is moist and dense.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your review. I saw them last time I was at Costco. Might pick some up on my next trip. I always hate buying a huge box if I don't know if I'll like them - but I always forget that Costco has an awesome return policy and will take them back if I don't like them.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Could you please post a picture of the box of these so I know what I'm looking for? Thanks!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    These, right?
    500-1076882-847__1.jpg
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I like them too! I try not to eat too many because we bought them so my husband could increase his protein intake. We might have to switch to getting 2 boxes a month so I can eat them without feeling guilty!
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    These are available on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Kirkland-Signature-delicious-variety/dp/B01GSL9KAU/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1469730086&sr=1-1&keywords=kirkland+protein+bars

Not sure how the price compares, but if you don't have a Costco (I don't)... there you go
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I actually really love them! Bought a pack a few weeks ago and I find them just as good as quest!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    These are available on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/Protein-Kirkland-Signature-delicious-variety/dp/B01GSL9KAU/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1469730086&sr=1-1&keywords=kirkland+protein+bars

Not sure how the price compares, but if you don't have a Costco (I don't)... there you go

Meh... They're about $15 more online :/

Probably someone with a Costco membership selling them. I looked at buying a box of Drake's Devil Dogs the other day. I bought some on my trip to New York last month and my son and I polished off the box in a week or so. (He had 7 and I had one! LOL). I paid $2.50 for them in NY and they wanted $12 for a box on Amazon. I decided we didn't need another box that badly.

As far as the Kirkland bars, I have a few in my desk drawer at this very moment. I decided to give them a try figuring if I didn't like them I could just give them away. I'm not usually a fan of the chocolate kind but these are both pretty good. The cookie dough one actually tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough and the texture is nice. They also don't have that nasty chocolate coating so many brands have.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    These, right?
    500-1076882-847__1.jpg

Thanks! How many calories are these?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Every time I'm near a Costco, I check them out to see if they carry these bars. No luck so far.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    190 according to MFP.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Full details of the bars:

4rvqv75lq3mt.jpg
  • 42firm03
    42firm03 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I will be checking for these on my next trip there!