What are your "withdrawals"?

Options
marc8686
marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
edited July 2016 in Chit-Chat
This might not be what you expected, but I'm actually asking about withdrawals from your "self respect bank". Ive started looking at my self image and self respect as an account which I can "deposit" into and grow (making good decisions in any area that I'm proud of) or make "withdrawals" from (bad decisions I'm ashamed of). The "balance" of this account is kind of where your self image is at. The more good decisions you make the higher the balance. If you've been making bad ones for YEARS you probably have a negative balance and have some work to do (like me).
I don't think your success in any area of life will ever out-grow your self image...which is determined by self respect, which is determined by our follow-through on following our true priorities and keeping ourself pointed due north. so it's important to be making "deposits" into that self respect account. Just thought people could share the things that make them feel good about themselves and the things they need to avoid. I think we will find a lot of similarities here
I'll start:

My top deposits:
getting up earlier than i "have to"
exercise when i tell myself i'm going to
Reading every day

Withdrawals:
Eating junk food
skipping an exercise session i planned
any time i sleep WAYYYY to late in the day

Replies

• marc8686
    marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm still early in the process...so it's probably a little premature to say

You don't know the things that make you feel good or bad about yourself? I think everyone knows these things about themselves. Even if it's just a list of things they wish they had the discipline to do or current habits they wish they could kick
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Over snacking and mindless eating are my withdrawals. Exercise and drinking water are my deposits.