Over 60, looking to lose 60, already exercising

jmf552
jmf552 Posts: 47 Member
I have had a login to MFP for a long time and dabbled with it from time to time, but this time I am vowing to take it seriously. I have a good, medically supervised exercise program going and now I need to get the diet right. The only times I have lost major weight in my life has been through Weight Watchers, but each time I got to the point I just couldn't stand psychologically. I felt like it was their program that I had to fit in to. I also realized the only thing I did at WW that really caused me to lose weight was tracking. And with MFP, I can do that without all the other trappings. As long as I track, I lose.

I hope to make some friends here, get and give some support.

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Hi, you are right. That tracking or calories is the best way to stay on point. It can get tedious and burn out is common. The friends that I have here on mfp seem to prevent that. Get yourself a nice support group of friends and you'll be fine. Add me if you like.
    Rick
  • joprotherough
    joprotherough Posts: 39 Member
    Good luck - I was hoping someone around my age would be on here!
  • Luna3828
    Luna3828 Posts: 21 Member
    I did WW for years and years. I rarely went to my meetings, tracked regularly but also paid a monthly fee for an app that did not function like MFP. I cancelled my WW membership and now I use this awesome free MFP app that has multi add buttons which WW never did and that drove me insane. I also need MFP friends and if anyone can share their diary that would be awesome.
  • JSG3711
    JSG3711 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I just joined today, and I have also done the WW thing. The new WW program was so confusing that I came back to MFP to try again. Good Luck with your new program. We are all in this together. Add me to your friends if you like.