What do you eat??

Options
2»

Replies

• EllieRR03
    EllieRR03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Still struggling with hunger. Think I'll have to up my activity so I can eat more!!
  • maskani_
    maskani_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    r34nv2venydh.jpg
    food.jpg 190.1K
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Anything I want. Today I had the following:

-sesame bagel
    -whole grain croissant
    -packet of cheese crackers [Toasty brand]
    -homemade pizza with mozzarella cheese[made the dough and everything]
    -Power Crunch peanut butter creme protein bar
    -one Bj's chocolate chip cookie [which I shouldnt have, only because Im allergic]

I'm exactly at 1200 cals after exercising, woo. And yeah it was a lot of bread today because I had half a mind to go out to eat, but resisted the temptation. Oh well.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    baked whole sweet potatoes with beans on top , quinoa and sauces
    big bowls of cereal
    chocolate brownie larabars
    quinoa or rice burrito style bowls
    veggie burgers and baked fries
    dried fruit, fresh fruit
    banana "nice cream" if you dont know how to make it already here are some recipes http://www.clairedicarlo.com/how-to-make-nice-cream-that-doesnt-suck/ http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/neapolitan-banana-ice-cream.html I like putting peanut butter ,berries or a bit of chocolate chips on top too -- this is very filling
    homemade chili
    oatmeal
    chickpea salad either just eaten as a salad or on a sandwich
    hummus wraps
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    EllieRR03 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone :) Still struggling with hunger. Think I'll have to up my activity so I can eat more!!

One thing you will learn is to recognize the various bodily signals which you've been misinterpreting as 'hunger'. They include boredom, stress, joy, sadness, fatigue, stuff like that.

My breakfast is very consistent with few occasional changes. Today it was a burrito constructed of an Ole Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb tortilla, piled with 50 g of celery sauteed with 64 g or so of yellow onion and 74 g of mushroom along with 44g of turkey, a hot pickle diced, an egg, and all that topped with half an avocado, a tablespoon of hot salsa, and 4 stuffed olives. The sauteed stuff also had turmeric and black pepper for a curry effect. Each component has a reason. The tortilla delivers fiber. The celery and the onion deliver fiber. The egg and turkey deliver protein. The pickle delivers heat and sodium. I'm trying to get 1600 mg sodium these days. The avocado delivers fat, the olives are the former deliverer of fat but these are the last in the jar and I'm not going to replenish them. The salsa delivers flavor. After that I had a protein shake of milk, water, and chocolate protein powder blended with ice. That makes a pleasant little sweet treat after all that heat.

My lunch at work is where my calorie deficit happens. I've had 1 banana and I've not yet had 1 Kind bar.

My dinner is a bunch of vegetables sauteed, again with turmeric and pepper. Instead of a tortilla I'll have some leftover corn bread. I made that corn bread with masa harina instead of corn meal. The masa harina exposes the niacin in the corn to digestion, whereas the corn meal would prevent my body getting the niacin. I had to add an extra half cup of water to my recipe and bake an extra 45 minutes, but it turned out nice. I freeze the leftovers. With dinner I also will have some rice and black beans. I cook a small batch of each of those at the weekend and portion out 50 g of each for my meal. This is Wednesday so it's my salmon day, which I grill with the vegetables and serve with lemon.

After dinner I have my 'snacks', of prunes and fiber supplements.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    8am Coffee with brown sugar, powder creamer, Nestle flavor liquid creamer.

2:20pm Carls Jr 5-piece chicken tender combo with small fries and drink. I have probably 4 cups of Mountain Blast Powerade.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    EllieRR03 wrote: »
    Hello,

This is my first post. Just wondering what you all eat during the course of a day?

My current KJ/Calorie allowance is 5021kjs/1200cals and I have been feeling pretty hungry. I usually do 30mins-45mins of physical activity daily during the week, and a bigger exercise on the weekend because I like eating more then! I do eat back the majority of calories I burn, I have been successfully losing weight except for last weigh in I stayed exactly the same for a week.
    Examples of your meals would be awesome. Also foods that fill you up for the least amount of energy possible, or how you overcome the hunger!
    TIA :)

A big bowl of steamed greens like kale or collard greens will fill you up and stop the hunger for very low calories. They should be steamed, not boiled, to keep all the nutrients.