How Long Does It Take?

Options
How long does it take to really start seeing results? I have been walking about 4-5 miles a day for two weeks now, and eating sensibly and staying right around my calorie goals and I havn't lost anything. I lost two pounds right at first but I've put those back on so I'm guessing that was water.

I had an appointment with a doctor the other day for something not related to weight loss and she said it was her personal not medical opinion that after about 3-4 weeks of diet and exercise you'll just wake up one morning and notice a significant change. Is this really how it is? Because I'm getting discouraged with it all and I need some advice/motivation to keep going.

Thanks!

Replies

• sourmash1973
    sourmash1973 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You should already be seeing result and your doctor speaks silliness. I would re-evaluate what you are eating and doing. Are you weighing your foods and counting EVERYTHING? Even those condiments? If you aren't seeing results, there is something wrong in your equation.
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ur diary is closed so I can't give u direct insight, what I can say is this- if ur eating ur tdee-20 or 25 percent u should be seeing some results, unless u are eating all ur calories as sugar not protein. Also u could be loosing inches not pounds. Are u measuring ? Please give more details to what ur doing.