Caramel Protein Powder

I'm a big fan of Syntrax Matrix Protein Powders; my favorite flavors are Mint Cookie and Peanut Butter Cookie. I'd like to find a caramel flavored powder; I'm okay with/prefer a stevia or sucralose sweetened powder.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• travisk2011
    travisk2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Quest Salted Caramel is really good.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I haven't found a good one I like yet so I'm following; the only caramel I tried is Quest's and unlike the person above me, I couldn't stand it. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't hit that buttery caramel craving I always have. Tasted kind of fake and I still can't finish the 2 lb tub of it (whereas I've demolished their vanilla and peanut butter tubs in that time)
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    @travisk2011 and @hgycta I bought some of the Quest...it is SOOOOO sweet, but I do like the flavor. I cut it with cocoa powder or peanut butter powder; that helps reduce the sweetness, improves the texture, and adds some dimension to the flavor.

I found the texture a bit disconcerting at first...I think maybe the amount of xanthan gum makes it a bit slimy but it was fantastic in my protein cookie recipe.

I've also managed to get the right ratio with my coffee for a yummy caramel coffee treat.

As much as I like Syntrax powders I like having options with lower carbs and calories for a comparable amount of protein.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Not sure on sweetener but I have Optimum nutrition salted caramel and it's fantastic IMO.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    @SideSteel I'll try it out when my Quest is gone!
  • karly2612
    karly2612 Posts: 11 Member
    I use Titan ( I'm in Australia) they have both sea salt caramel and vanilla caramel and both are amazing! There website is titanarena.com