Moral Dilemma

Options
meredithgir199
meredithgir199 Posts: 243 Member
If you ordered something from Amazon Prime Now and when it was delivered, you discovered they gave you 1 box (containing 4 single items) instead of the single item you ordered and paid for, do you call and let them know?

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes? Also you said they didn't give you the item you ordered at all? Would you be willing to pay for that item again?
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't I'd keep it
    It was thier mistake
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I would call. Accidents happen but that doesn't mean we should look to profit from someone else's mistake.
  • rattyss
    rattyss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes. Call them and let them know. They will probably say to enjoy the mistake as it will take them having to do more work to correct the issue than the stuff is worth. (just my thoughts). Amazon has been real good to me.
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Call. They'll let you keep it anyways. Restocking is too much of a hassle.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I think it's all a matter of perspective, if you end up getting a wee freebie now and again I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but if you feel better calling and letting them know then you should do that
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    You can call or you can keep it. Chances are, you call...and they say thanks and tell you to keep the extra.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i would call but i find that amazon more often than not is flexible with options regarding mistakes on their parts
  • bugzinc
    bugzinc Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wait. If more babies are gonna die in Sierra Leone I may have to rethink this.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    rattyss wrote: »
    Yes. Call them and let them know. They will probably say to enjoy the mistake as it will take them having to do more work to correct the issue than the stuff is worth. (just my thoughts). Amazon has been real good to me.

this. we've received stuff that we didn't order and called. they said "whatever. keep it."
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    My initial gut instinct was to call and I'm glad I did. Amazon told me just to keep it. She said that it was an error on their part and not to worry.
    Ironically, it was for KT tape to tape my foot for plantar fasciitis. I guess they are supporting my quest to get fit!

oh. yeah. i didn't read all the way through.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Generally, for small items Amazon will do exactly as the OP just said in their update. However, I know someone who ordered a recliner from Amazon. They delivered the wrong chair FOUR times and were slow on the pick ups and returns (not to mention the multitude of phone calls it took to get this all straightened out). At one point all 4 recliners were in this persons garage waiting to be picked up. I think she eventually got it all straightened out though.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    This happens to my mom all the time with them. So far they have always said to keep the extras.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    yeah, let them know; it's not a big deal

and on a separate yet related issue, I only wish my moral dilemmas were so straightforward and trivial.

.... boy howdy, I sure do.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Make sure it wasn't actually what you ordered as well. I ordered a small item one time and though I ordered a single, turned out in the small print it was actually a six pack that I did order. But, yes call them.