Infused Water?

Options
Hi All,
I am wondering for those of you who drink homemade infused water - do you even worry about the fruit you infuse it with?

I have a bottle that has a "juicer" attached to the bottom - so when I put my fruit in, I tend to muddle them with the juicer bottom (not just place them in it) and then fill with the water.

All the fruit stays in the bottom part of the bottle, and the water can pass through the juicer part when so it will keep infusing as long as there is water in the bottle.

Do you count anything for the fruit in the water? The bits you may drink?
Just curious as this is helping me drink more, but I don't know if I should log something now...

Replies

• dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Guess it depends how much you have. I don't know how much juice you get out of the fruit - I have a standalone juicer and do make fresh juices which I top up with sparkling water. I always log these as the fruit based ones are high in sugar - MFP does have a lot of entries for fresh homemade juices. Not sure how accurate these are but I figure it's better than ignoring those calories.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on how much you're drinking in a day. I'd probably add a little bit of fruit to my diary each day (1-2 strawberries or whatever) just to make sure, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    ok. Cause it really is the equivalent of letting cut fruit float in my water bottle all day.
    I refill as I finish.
    So far going on 1500ml of water... same berries I put in this morning...
  • Megansmith112712
    Megansmith112712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »
    ok. Cause it really is the equivalent of letting cut fruit float in my water bottle all day.
    I refill as I finish.
    So far going on 1500ml of water... same berries I put in this morning...

I have a hand out at work (I'm a nutritionist) that talks about calories in different drinks. Fruit infused waters say 0 calories
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    awesome! Thanks.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that infusing your water with a little fresh fruit juice would be significant, calorie-wise.

Try cucumber. It's my favorite. :smile: