Feeling exhausted

Hi everyone, I a girl who goes to the gym 5 out of 7 days a week, my goal is to trim down my fat to then start gaining muscles, after around 12 weeks of working very hard at the gym taking supplements from my protein ( active woman, omega 3, CLA, thermopure, green tea extract and diet whey protein) to help with the weight loss I've started to feel very tired baring in mind that I am eating 1,400 calories per day.
Would anyone be able to give me any advice on what to do and how to regain some of my energy :)

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Eat more.
  • AbiiReilly
    AbiiReilly Posts: 14 Member
    What do you mean by eat more..
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Are you eating 1400 calories + calories burned from exercise? That is the way this is designed to work.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    AbiiReilly wrote: »

Consume more calories....

Seems self explanatory.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Eat more.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    what I do is if I am feeling particularly exhausted, I just take a break the next day. Seems to work. Listen to your body and don't force it if you're tired.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    AbiiReilly wrote: »

How tall are you? 1400 calories would probably be fine if you didn't exercise. Since you are, you need to fuel your workouts. Your exhaustion is because you're not eating enough.

MFP uses the NEAT system. You are supposed to eat back your exercise calories. However, many consider the burns given by MFP to be inflated so only eat back 50% of them.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/818082/exercise-calories-again-wtf/p1
  • AbiiReilly
    I am eating all of the extra calories though that's the thing, I don't starve myself at all believe me I'm a big foodie, my goal is to get from 11 stone back down to around 9 - 9 and a half stone, I've got down to 10st 10lbs over the past few weeks, I'm not looking for a "quick fix" like most people.

I didn't go to the gym today to have an extra break today to see if that helps but it could be to do with other things which are going on with me at the minuet.

Thank you for all your help guys
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Could it be that you're just doing too much? Like yesterday I exercised a lot and felt exhausted but I ate over 3,000 calories which is above my TDEE by a thousand. I think I just needed a break because I didn't really exercise today and I feel better.
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 534 Member
    Top things that spring to mind... Your macros are out of wack, lack of iron, thyroid troubles. If this continues and doesn't get better, I'd say pay your doctor a visit.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I was thinking vitamin deficiency. Your doc could do blood tests for Vitamin D, B vitamins and iron/ferritin. All of those can really mess with energy. Have you looked at your nutrient breakdown to see what you might be missing?

Also sleep, not eating enough and just overdoing it without adequate recovery time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Could all of those supplements you're taking be interacting with one another? By the way none of them aid in weight loss..
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    edited July 2016
    I gained more energy when I went vegan. Its high carb, moderate protein, low-fat by the way. Just saying. That's not to say it's the solution for everyone. My mother's solution was the complete opposite (low-carb, lots of meat, cheeses, dairy, etc). I'm just stating one of the many options (based on my experience). It also sounds like you aren't eating enough.
    And yeah I know what my MFP name says but I can't change it again. It's from back when I was pescetarian.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    FeedMeFish wrote: »
    I gained more energy when I went vegan. Just saying. It also sounds like you aren't eating enough.
    And yeah I know what my MFP name says but I can't change it again. It's from back when I was pescetarian.

You can PM a mod and as them to change it for you.

OP, you've received some great trouble shooting answers. Re-evaluate your supplements and your sleeping. You aren't losing at a stupid fast pace, so I doubt it's the calorie total, but vitamins, minerals (particularly iron), as mentioned can be important. Some people feel that increasing carbs increases their energy levels, so try playing with your macros a bit. Seeing your doctor for some blood work (vitamin levels, anemia, thyroid functioning, blood count, etc.) is a good idea as well, to rule out medical problems.
  • VividVegan
    VividVegan Posts: 200 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    FeedMeFish wrote: »
    I gained more energy when I went vegan. Just saying. It also sounds like you aren't eating enough.

You can PM a mod and as them to change it for you.
    Thanks
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    This may or may not be the case, but my son started drinking too much water and his body started losing electrolytes. He got moody and fatigued. While it is important to drink adequate water, it is possible to drink too much. How many ounces of water do you consume a day?
  • AbiiReilly
    I would drink around 200 cal or water a day sometimes less, I'll get an appointment with my GP and see what she says, maybe get bloods taken etc
  • AbiiReilly
    I'm just under 11 stone but because of my body type people always find it had to believe that I am that weight because I would have a muscular build, I hold all my weight (fatty bits) from my knee to my hips like most woman do, it's just really ugly cellulite my work outs would be cardio at the minuet, I have noticed a big change in the few weeks that I have been doing cardio that some of the real bad bits around my bum have started to disappear and look a lot better.
  • AbiiReilly
    v8odbsqikkmu.jpeg