Weekend

Options
Hey everyone!

Staying committed and dedicated to your weekly meal plans and exercise may be more difficult on the weekend. I know it is for me.

So here are just some friendly tips on staying on track for the weekend :
1. Still get out and move. Go for a walk if it's nice out or do some yoga. Set a goal to get in at least 20 minutes. Something is better than nothing.
2. Make sure you still drink at least a gallon of water. For anyone that doesn't know, there are 16 cups (8 fl oz each) in a gallon. 16 seems like a lot, so what I do is use a water bottle. There are 16.9 oz of water in the average bottle - so that's only 8 a day. Try to have 4 water bottles before lunch and then the rest after.
3. If you're going out to eat, going to an open house, or a wedding, or just spending the day traveling - remember you can still choose healthy options. If they are not available, try to pack a high protein snack such as eggs, chicken, or a protein shake. It will help keep you full and away from bad carbs and treats.
4. Remember that you can do this. This is your life, your choice. Don't give up!

Have a great weekend and here's to starting a week better than the last!

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    It's so much easier on the weekend. I don't understand how anyone struggles during their time away from work. Most of us have jobs that force us to be sedentary, the weekend is when we don't have to do that. It's when we have time to go hiking, for a long bike ride, etc.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Weekends are never a struggle for me, that is when I have the most time to do fun stuff.

I'm thinking drinking a gallon of water daily is ridiculously too much water. I drink other fluids besides water and eat lots of fruit and vegetables, so drinking *kitten* load of water is unnecessary for me.

I eat what I want but eat the right amount of calories to keep me at maintenance level. Of course, I try to eat my vegetables, fruit and protein everyday but I on the weekend I loosen up a little on my diet. I am very healthy according to my yearly check ups with doctor.

Thank you for reminding me, I know I can do this!! ;)
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I don't know how in the world people can leave the house if they're drinking a gallon of water.