Ugh, heading to 4 day family reunion. Uh oh

Options
I am going to family reunion. Oh no! I am probably going to drink and overeat. I have spent $390.00 on ideal protein to lose weight in past 2 weeks.

Replies

• allyalexandria
    allyalexandria Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am definitely not going to eat ice cream or hotdogs. I guess I will try to exercise more. I am going to record everything in fitness pal. So no surprises, I brought my ideal protein food but already ate chip in car. Boo hoo. I have no will power
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I personally would just go and have a good time
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    It's one weekend. Enjoy the time with your family, and just try not to go too nuts on food and drink! Take smaller portions of the things you really want, and if you're having alcohol try to drink water or diet soda in between. See if you can take part in some kind of activity over the weekend, or just go for a nice long walk to get some sort of movement in. :)

Get on the scale when you get home (don't put it off out of fear), but don't freak out and try to starve yourself or workout 'til you drop if it looks like you've gained - just get back on the weight-loss wagon and carry on as usual, any extra weight will soon come off again!

Life happens, and unless you plan to become a hermit then there will be special occasions in the future where the temptation to overeat will be present. You'll need to come up with a sensible strategy to deal with that at some point, and avoiding everything probably isn't the best way. :)

Have a great weekend!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What the hell is ideal food?
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I am going to family reunion. Oh no! I am probably going to drink and overeat. I have spent $390.00 on ideal protein to lose weight in past 2 weeks.
    I am definitely not going to eat ice cream or hotdogs. I guess I will try to exercise more. I am going to record everything in fitness pal. So no surprises, I brought my ideal protein food but already ate chip in car. Boo hoo. I have no will power

There it is. These are getting more savvy. Posing as the average Joe/Jane with the age old problems, sneaking what they'd really like to say into their posts.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    When I go to such events, the worst offenders are chips/salsa and then dessert.

I try to limit both.

Sometimes I disappear to the bathroom and play 2048 or temple run. I wish pokemon go works when you are taking a dump or just sitting on the toilet seat (hoping the other revellers finish up the chips)

And when it comes to burgers, I eat one and stuff myself with grilled chicken. No pasta salads or potato salads. Just a lot of grilled chicken and bathroom and no chips/dessert.

This post made me sad.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    When I go to such events, the worst offenders are chips/salsa and then dessert.

I try to limit both.

Sometimes I disappear to the bathroom and play 2048 or temple run. I wish pokemon go works when you are taking a dump or just sitting on the toilet seat (hoping the other revellers finish up the chips)

And when it comes to burgers, I eat one and stuff myself with grilled chicken. No pasta salads or potato salads. Just a lot of grilled chicken and bathroom and no chips/dessert.

This post made me sad.
    I like that.

:smiley:
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Fursian wrote: »

There it is. These are getting more savvy. Posing as the average Joe/Jane with the age old problems, sneaking what they'd really like to say into their posts.

Heh... well, I did wonder about that, but the OP doesn't say she actually lost weight on the stuff! ;) Plus, $390 in two weeks? That certainly wouldn't persuade ME to look into buying anything! I'll stick to my regular groceries that feed three humans and four cats for way less than that, thanks!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    It's one weekend. Enjoy the time with your family, and just try not to go too nuts on food and drink! Take smaller portions of the things you really want, and if you're having alcohol try to drink water or diet soda in between. See if you can take part in some kind of activity over the weekend, or just go for a nice long walk to get some sort of movement in. :)

Get on the scale when you get home (don't put it off out of fear), but don't freak out and try to starve yourself or workout 'til you drop if it looks like you've gained - just get back on the weight-loss wagon and carry on as usual, any extra weight will soon come off again!

Life happens, and unless you plan to become a hermit then there will be special occasions in the future where the temptation to overeat will be present. You'll need to come up with a sensible strategy to deal with that at some point, and avoiding everything probably isn't the best way. :)

Have a great weekend!

All of @SueSueDio 's great post.

And, OP, protein doesn't make you lose weight. Eating less calories than you burn does.

Your plan of exercising on your holiday is a good one. Some walks or runs with family members are nice.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is about calories. If you want to lose weight or maintain weight watch your calorie intake. Protein powder doesn't make you lose weight any more than a sandwich.
    You can stick to drinking water, unsweeted tea or diet pop. Have reasonable portions of food. Try not to go overbowrd with high sodium foods. Fill your plate with more vegetables. Stay active.
    It is only 4 days. Don't stress over it.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    $390 in two weeks???!!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You don't have to over eat... eat at maintenance, enjoy yourself, get back to it... simple...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    4 days is pretty irrelevant to the big picture. Also, hot dogs aren't exactly calorie bombs. Also, why are you wasting so much money on this ideal protein scam diet?
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Just relax n enjoy time with family. You can do it just remember moderation. Good luck!
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Have a great weekend!

• allyalexandria
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you all are very supportive. Haha I live love. going to the bathroom story. Desert and chips, no problem I know they're total chemical junk. I am very short 5'3 weight 160 on Friday am., so I only burn about 1000-1200 a day without exercise, so I have to be careful about everything. My husband is 6'5 230lbs eats and cooks big meals, so I see him eating and want to indulge, he eats only healthy food
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    the hardest :D part is the drinking alcohol
    It's hot I am thirsty and there is so much booze. I like to drink. I had one apple cider cooler yesterday,so good. Tonight , I will probably do the same except everyone else is wasted,.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I personally would just go and have a good time

I agree. At Christmas etc I just go kerazy because I've busted my *kitten* the rest of the year.

Edit: The RSPCA are going to hunt me down, I swear.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    One thing I've heard of people doing at parties and so on is to have a glass with something like sparkling water or juice in it, but then to add a cocktail umbrella or a couple of olives to make it look like they're drinking spirits or some sort of cocktail. It stops other people bugging them about why they're not drinking, or trying to push more alcohol on them, because it looks like they are drinking! :)

At least if you're not drinking as much as everyone else you might remember the evening when no one else does... Take photos for blackmail purposes? ;)