Protein powder

What is your favorite protein powder and why?

Replies

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Jarrow unflavored protein powder because it's all natural and has no artificial crap in it. You can mix it into milk for a drink (not the tastiest but not nasty either) and you can also mix it into food easily like oatmeal, make your own protein bars, etc.

Ive used others in the past but many of them have artificial sweetners in them that started to give me headaches and others that were naturally flavored (stevia extract, etc) had a weird aftertaste. There are other brands out there that are unflavored and natural as well (WOW foods is one). I'd recommend those over the artificially sweetened kind.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Optimal Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard
    Have you tried any before? Something to keep in mind: Stores like walmart and target allow you to return a product with your receipt. Just say you didn't like it; no questions asked. Pure protein is a pretty good "starter" whey protein.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    I like sunwarrior because it's vegan and doesn't make my stomach upset and mixes well without a nasty fake taste.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Have you tried any before? Something to keep in mind: Stores like walmart and target allow you to return a product with your receipt. Just say you didn't like it; no questions asked. Pure protein is a pretty good "starter" whey protein.
    I haven't ON at Walmart. I have tried the Pure Protein but that has more calories than I like but it's good. Thanks

• Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    I haven't seen ON at Walmart. I have tried the Pure Protein but that has more calories than I like but it's good. Thanks

• JC77721
    JC77721 Posts: 65 Member
    I used to drink ON, it tastes good but it is very expensive. Roght now I am taking Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl flavor and it is very delicious!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Optimum Nutrition chocolate/peanut butter casein.

Quest

BSN choc/peanut butter.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    On the go I really like the premixed cartons of Premier Protein. (30 grams of protein and only 160 kcal. Also has a lot of iron in it.)

If I have time to blend a shake I like Combat cookies and cream flavor. I like to blend it with ice and some coffee. It tastes good. It is made up of a bunch of different proteins that digest at different rates so it provides protein over an 8 hour period. (At least that is what it says in the jar.)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I've been using Ancient Nutrition's vanilla Bone Broth Protein lately, and I really like it! The lack of any sort of governor roughage (and the collagen, I suppose) give it a really creamy consistancy. Other than that, I like most of Garden of Life's stuff, except for their Raw Fit.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    I drink a Sunwarrior warrior blend protein shake every day mixed with unsweetened almond milk. I like it because it doesn't have an aftertaste like some shakes, smooth and very easy to digest.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    BSN peanut butter cookie....it's just good. So good I can take it straight to the dome.
  • cmtristani
    cmtristani Posts: 117 Member
    Muscle tech doesn't upset my stomach at all. Optimal Nutrition is supposed to be better quality but costs more.

Quest bars for when I need something mid day.
  • eskow22
    eskow22 Posts: 7 Member
    For a quick absorbing protein after a workout I go with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. For slower absorption, like overnight, I use Muscletech Phase 8. I go with milk chocolate for both.