Vacation

Options
So I am about to lose my 503 day logging streak. I will not pay the cruise line their extraordinary Internet or ATT their international data fee, so how am I to log my food if it can't sync to the Internet? Not that I want to log my food while I'm on a cruise to the Bahamians

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Then don't log, it's not that important. Have fun instead. When you get back, start a new streak! Yay!!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Quite often there are 'free' spots on shore. These usually need you to buy a drink or some food though.
    I have never logged while on a cruise. Just be aware of your portion sizes, and if you don't love it don't finish it.
    Remember you will probably be more active than usual, and you will gain a lot of water weight. Don't panic it goes in a week to ten days once you get home.

Have a great time.

Cheers, h.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Breaking a streak means you had fun on vacation !!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Then don't log, it's not that important. Have fun instead. When you get back, start a new streak! Yay!!

This
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it's lovely that you are going on a cruise, but it will present real problems. I'd buy a cheap calorie counting book - they are slim volumes and will fit into your luggage. Don't stop counting - unless you wish to bring several pounds of 'duty free' adipose tissue back with you as a souvenir!
    I'm sure the vessel will have a gym and a weighing machine. I'd recommend using the scales EVERY day. Exercise every day goes without saying.
    That way you will retain your food input in your conscious mind, counting calories and weight. (And you'll be able to make better food and drink choices the next day)
    You could decide to stick to a maintenance regime for two weeks, or you can stick to the full diet as best you can. Try and avoid spending the evenings in the bar - it's often the booze that kills good intentions. Hit the dance floor instead.
    You may find that the ship provides low calorie or healthy options, or that you can ask for dressings and sauces to be served 'on the side'.
    By all means have some fun, but it's your decision how much of that fun is highly calorific. After all it's your body and it's your health.
  • robinalexis
    robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ya'all are awesome. I'll let you know how it went when I get back. See ya in 10 days !
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @robinalexis where are you off to?
    I need to vicariously vacation off you.

Cheers, h.