My story and I need help going farther

Options
So here's my story I've been overweight my entire life at 14 years old I was already 300 pounds but I was 6'3 and playing sports. By high school I had discovered drugs and stop working out. by 19 I was in jail and my weight started to Skyrocket. Over the next 10 years I had slowly just kept gaining and I'm trying to lose it all now. over the last 2 years I have gone from 528 pounds to 400 pounds I am super happy with all of my progress and I'm working harder everyday.

My questions for all of you is have plateaued after a couple months of really hard work I'm just looking for tips and tricks that others have found to start there weight loss a little more again I eat healthy diet right now and I hit most of my goals I'm not complaining about my plateau I'm just looking to work a little farther a little harder any ideas on what works for you

Thanks for any help and advice have a wonderful healthy day

Replies

• Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on losing 128 lbs. That's not easy. Second, have you adjusting your calorie limit based on your current weight? You'll need to readjust every 10lbs. Make sure you weigh and log all of your food. Do you work out? If so, you'll need to change up your routine and intensity. How long has your progress stalled? If it's less than a month, give it some time for your body to make the necessary adjustments. If it's more than that, you'll need to change your routine.
  • crazyfortats
    crazyfortats Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been adjusting my calorie intake I have recently dropped down almost a thousand calories a day trying to get off this plateau. working out I've doubled what I was doing I started at 2 miles I'm over 4 miles a day now. I have a calorie deficit of over a thousand calories I recently changed my diet to add more protein and less carbs. I've been stalled for about 2 weeks so maybe I do need to just give it a little more time this is the first time in two years that I've never stalled on weight loss
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    1000 calorie deficit is too high. Eat back some of your exercise calories. What is your calorie intake for the day? And yes, 2 weeks is not enough time to say you've plateaued. Your body is trying to make the necessary adjustments.
  • crazyfortats
    Options
    You think I might not be eating enough ? I'm eating about 1800 - 1900 calories a day. By the app it says 2800 a day is what I should eat. After exercising I end the day with 1000 calories are left but still under my 2800.
  • hjlourenshj
    hjlourenshj Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    First congratulations with your weightloss so far! That is amazing! Second. Can you tell us how often you weigh yourself? It could be that you just weight in the day that you are holding water more by maybe eating more sodium the day before. I always weight myself everyday and took 'lowest weight recorded' as the measurement of loosing weight.

I think when you are heavier its okay to have a larger deficit. If you can make 1800-1900 kcal eating work then stay on that.
  • crazyfortats
    Options
    I weight in every couple days.i just found it odd to cut down calories and still not have any loss. Sodium is the worst thing for me. I'm always over.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food, choosing the correct entries, and accurately logging everything you eat including condiments and butter/oil?

I'm 6'0", 300lbs, female, walking around 6 miles a day, and can eat up to 2400kcal a day and lose over 2lbs a week. There's absolutely no reason for you to cut your intake so much. There's probably a problem with your logging somewhere.