Weight gain with multivitamin

Options
kaliso
kaliso Posts: 42 Member
Hi all,
At the encouragement of my doctor I began taking a multivitamin about 3-4 weeks ago. It's "Raw one for women" and while it took me a little bit to figure it out, I've gained about 5 lbs since taking it. Confusing is that I've not changed anything else to my diet or workout routine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Nope...to gain 5 lbs without changing anything else, I believe those vitamins would have to be EXTREMELY high in calories! 3500 calories = 1 lb.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Nope...to gain 5 lbs without changing anything else, I believe those vitamins would have to be EXTREMELY high in calories! 3500 calories = 1 lb.

:)

OP its definitely NOT the multi vitamin and if you REALLY think it is, try a different one. Its called daily fluctuations, my scale laughs at me daily!
  • kaliso
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • kaliso
    Options
    I know it is silly to deduce it to the multivitamin, but to have my clothes feel tighter has been discouraging. You're right, daily fluctuations.. Sigh.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging your food? If not, start!!! This will help you to understand where the 5 lbs came from.
  • kaliso
    Options
    Yep, been logging food and activity for the last several years. It helped me to lose 30lbs. This is a great site and community.
  • JustMissTracy
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    kaliso wrote: »
    Yep, been logging food and activity for the last several years. It helped me to lose 30lbs. This is a great site and community.

Do you use a food scale for everything but liquids?

Also, where you are in your monthly cycle can affect weight. I can gain up to 8lbs!