Blind Dates / Matchmaking - yes or no?

Options
dkabambe
dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
Who likes blind dates? I've only ever had one which was terrible so not sure about matchmaking. However, love the idea of dating as I've never really done "dates" and would love to, (had two long term serious relationships but never really dated!). I don't want to do internet dating but are there any reasonable alternatives for someone nearer 40 than 30 in the UK?

Replies

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online and he eventually moved to me. He was my first and only boyfriend.

But I would give blind dating a try.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    met my husband online. I wasn't looking for anything, he send me a text on my personal profile, we talked for a while and been together since our 1st date. I moved in with him after our 3rd date. over 6 years together
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    dkabambe wrote: »
    Who likes blind dates?

Never went out with a blind girl but I did go out with a deaf girl once.
  • Tineeeeeka
    Tineeeeeka Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Speed dating! :)
  • dkabambe
    Options
    Must admit have always wanted to try speed dating - not hopeful I'd find someone in that environment but think it could be a good laugh nevertheless!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've never dated either (and this is my second marriage). I think it could actually be fun... lol. I have friends who met their significant other that way. I'd probably sign up to a matchmaking website or something... but I don't think I would even bother with total blind dating, I'd want to see a picture first!
  • shijay
    shijay Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Met my husband on blind date! Celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary this year!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I never had a blind date that went well, usually quite awkward, and I remember wanting to get out of there pretty fast! On the other hand, I was set up with Mr. Right by a good friend; he was her ex, and she was my ex's ex....lol...wrap your brain around that one! Together 24 years in August! <3
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I went speed dating once. It was hilarious! I would recommend it for fun more than meeting someone decent though.
  • jaxass
    jaxass Posts: 2,128 Member
    Options
    I had a blind date once, NEVER again. It was a disaster. During some idle conversation, she asked me if I ever wanted to get married again. I said "No, I like playing the field. A different woman every weekend is awesome." She finished her drink, excused herself to the restroom and I never saw her again. I was dancing in the streets nekkid after she left. That girl was batshit crazy. I had to give her an answer like that just to get rid of her.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Met my husband online. I found internet dating fun but tiring. Happy that it's over with. We just celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.
  • dkabambe
    Options
    Sounds like they are been some good success stories - think I'll definitely give speed dating a go for a laugh.
  • PamelaW41
    PamelaW41 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I've been shopping with friends/ family....they can't even pick out clothes I like. I'm married so it's moot, but if I was single, there's no way I'd let them pick out a man! LOL
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I like meeting people. Period. date or otherwise.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I went speed dating once. It was hilarious! I would recommend it for fun more than meeting someone decent though.

I always wanted to try it for this very reason lol!