Headaches anyone else?

Options
So just started, 3 days in and I am on the 2lb per week plan of cutting calories. I have been pounding the water and have really clean out the system but last night and this morning had terrible headache running from behind the eyes down the neck.

This probably isnt diet related but thought i would check to see if anyone else had the same experience.

Replies

• lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    People often get headaches when they cut back food. Caffeine and carbs seem to be the worst (but not the only) culprits. If it is this, your body just needs some time to adjust.
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I got terrible headaches when I cut out Dr. Pepper, so I ended up weaning myself to once can a day for a week then they weren't as bad when I cut it out completely, but they subsided in maybe 4 days. I still get headaches if I'm out walking in the heat and forget my water bottle.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Headaches are a typical withdrawal symptom and that's probably what's happening with you. You've cut out certain things and cut DOWN on certain things and your body was used to you feeding it a certain way, so now it's freaking out.
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    Options
    Did you cut out or reduce sugar, white flour, or caffiene? You could be feeling withdrawl type headaches is so. I went through that when I cut back. If thats the case, no worries, in a few days you will feel amazing. Just don't give in to cravings, it could make it worse. Just keep pounding back the water to clean out your system, and eat high-nutrition, low-processed foods. You're golden.
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I get headaches if I dont have diet coke ,got to be the caffeine ,trying to wean myself of the stuff .
  • mylilangels4
    Options
    Yeah I get bad migraines, but sometimes it's from the caffeine and all. I use advil migraine and coke to get rid of mine.
    Good Luck You're not alone. :smile:
  • Home6
    Home6 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for exercises? I know that when I run, I get HORRID migraines, and also when I push it too hard on the elliptical.

You are to be commended though, for drinking lots of water! :smile:
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Could be a myriad of things, including withdrawal from caffiene, other foods, etc. It seems many people also move to "diet" foods (Diet coke, calorie free jellos, puddings, etc) and there are lots of artificial sweeteners in those that could also be triggering your headaches. Just a thought.
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I usually have about 4 cups of tea a day and then diet pepsi for the rest of the day. I got on this website and decided to change my habits and drink water... BAD MOVE. I had such a bad head ache the first day, by 3pm my head ache was so bad i had to get a pop/soda.

so now i drink a cup of hot tea in the morning, water, water water, and in the late afternoon another cup of tea... no more head aches!

:)
  • kimbishopp
    kimbishopp Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this, I've had a constant headache for the last four days but am drinking plenty and haven't cut back on the tea - I'm an Air Traffic Controller - I NEED my tea! Hopefully it'll stop as my body gets used to not getting so much junk!
  • Crysta1976
    Crysta1976 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I first started this...I had a pretty nasty migraine for the first week...then minor headaches on and off for another 2 weeks. I had a lot detoxing to do though...and from all that I read, that was the issue. Once my body adjusted, I felt great and was headache free for a month!

Hope you feel better soon!
  • darrenremer
    Options
    SO my headache finally went away yesterday and even went out and played some poker and made some money. It returned again this AM but went away quickly this time. I think my body is finally getting fully used to not getting ALL the junk I used to put into it. Loving how I feel after just 5 days already. been hitting my water and under calories, and the calories I have been putting in are well balance and healthy.
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Same here darrenremer, Monday I just started back, eating clean counting my calories and water and I had the most nagging headache for 2 days a running, now its gone :smile: I am feeling GREAT! I think my body was flipping ... on me with the
    NON - junk food!

:drinker: to your 5 days....
  • BeeBee32y
    BeeBee32y Posts: 15
    Options
    I started having this headaches and I thought maybe I wwas doing something wrong and I went to the dr. and everything checked out ok. But I forgot that I haven't been drinking those pepsi sodas that I onced loved so much. And the chocolate, It's been maybe a week or two since I've had some. But My body still craves the chocolate, I just want bend with that because that's why I'm so dam big now.