Alcohol and Weightloss

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyiris6
    kellyiris6 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love wine, specifically white wine; Chardonnay, moscato, reisling, you name it! My thought, if it is in your calorie allowance and in moderation, it's fine. I have a glass or two, once a week and make sure I have the calories to use (preferably saving for the weekend). Yes, cutting alcohol completely is a great healthy choice, but not for me. I believe it's ok in moderation.
  • bquartermainNZ
    bquartermainNZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I heard that 1 glass of red wine/night is the equivilant to an hour at the gym... :wink:
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    I heard that 1 glass of red wine/night is the equivilant to an hour at the gym... :wink:

Woah woah woah...let's put that to the mathematical test...
    If:
    1 glass of red wine = 1 hour in the gym,
    Then:
    1 hour in the gym = 1 glass of red wine
    This is not true at all...the wine is exponentially more fun than the gym!!!
  • adinterim
    adinterim Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Woah woah woah...let's put that to the mathematical test...
    If:
    1 glass of red wine = 1 hour in the gym,
    Then:
    1 hour in the gym = 1 glass of red wine
    This is not true at all...the wine is exponentially more fun than the gym!!!
    If you have a mighty big glass, that's not too far off.
    Let's do more math! FOR SCIENCE!

A bottle of 750ml (excuse my metric) merlot is roughly 850 calories.
    If you're a 35 year old average american dude (5'9" at 195lbs)* running at 6mph for 1 hour will burn roughly 890 calories**.
    If you're a 35 year old average american lady (5'4" at 166lbs)* running at 6mph for 1 hour will burn roughly 755 calories**.
    (Pst, ladies, if you want the whole bottle, add 10 minutes.)

Drink responsibly! ;)

*Average stats from CDC
    **First google hit from "calorie calculator workout"
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've managed to have a couple glasses every few days and manage to lose weight.
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just came across this UK website which delivers alcohol free beers (including nice ones like wheat beer) wines and sparkling wines:
    http://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/