Weighing in?

Options
2»

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only save the recoded weight for the 15th of every month.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Daily. Get up, pee, weigh, record it in Happy Scale. Then on Fridays I log it in MFP as well.

I also record my daily weight into a whizzy Excel spreadsheet with conditional formatting, lots of graphs, and smiley faces for whenever I hit one of my targets (these are my mini goals and are split into short-term, mid-term, long-term, and 'anything else is gravy').

And I also export all my FitBit data into the spreadsheet so I can see how my CICO numbers are doing, and I can average them out over a month or week.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    once a week for recording purposes Monday after morning pee, but im trying to add not lose so for me the daily doesnt matter , but I dod step on the scale sometimes other morning but I dont record it. To me the scale is misleading hence why I dont pay too close of attention to it.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning. I use weightgrapher to follow the trend of my weight. I report my weight once a week to a group here on MFP that I joined for support and accountability.

I like to weigh myself daily so I can keep track of the changes that occur for reasons other than fat loss. I've noticed a pattern where I lose for two weeks, and then bounce around the same weight for another two weeks. It's annoying when the weight stops going down and seems to plateau but I know it will eventually move again after about a fortnight. Weighing daily has given me a more positive attitude towards the scale.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    nickisa28 wrote: »
    When and how often do you weigh yourself? Just want to get an insight to how others do it.

Every single morning. I've been doing that for years. Like about 21 years at this point. It's the same as looking at your fuel gauge in the car when you start it up. You need to know where you stand as part of your routine before you set off on your day's journey.

In the summer with the heat and humidity, I also weigh myself before and after a long bike ride or hard day of yard work to monitor how much water I lose from sweating. This helps make sure I am drinking enough fluids to replenish the loss. This has been crucial for me as I can easily lose up to 6 pounds of water weight out in the heat even while drinking fluids during my exercise or yard work. That is approaching the dreaded 4% level where performance drops off, heat cramps occur, and my endurance suffers. Dehyrdation is not fun, so I use the scale to help monitor that and hydrate appropriately.

The scale is an excellent tool to use.

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Two kinds of people have scales. Fat people and drug dealers.
  • jebr76
    jebr76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, right before brushing my teeth. Keeps me honest throughout the day, and I know exactly where I stand as far as my weekly mini-goals. It has also allowed me to realize that I lose weight Monday-Friday, gain some if it back, and it takes me till Tuesday to return to my past Friday weight. I now ease up on weekends if I'm trying to string together a positive week.
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Fridays. I'll step on the scale two or three times throughout the week, but don't log it.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Daily, and I put it on a chart with a trend line so I can see the overall trend. It stops me stressing over the random fluctuations as I can see the overall downward slope.

Pretty much this for me. My weight fluctuates a lot due to most of my exercises being strength training, so using TrendWeight helps to see the big picture. That and I'm easily prone to water retention.