Sleep

Options
jester13
jester13 Posts: 408 Member
Just randomly writing but does anyone else have trouble with sleep and their fitness goals? I am a night shift 12 hour 5 days a week worker. I try to do the best I can but most night I only get 4-5 hrs except on weekends I get 8-9. Just trying to relate to others and find out if it really does effect diet and mass building.

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I'm a first shifter, but I've only been able to sleep an average 5 hours a night for the past 8 or 9 years. This maybe generic since the same thing happened to my Aunt and Father around the same age. Does it interfere? Not really. I just get up and do the work.

But if I didn't train , my sleep would be so much worse and it goes to crap on deload weeks.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'v been where youve been man, wroking to 8 at night training and getting up at 4 the next morning, If it really hurts gains im not sure, i was getting stromger through the whole thing so it couldnt have been that bad, try and make sure the rest is all on point, training, food, water, recovery (cold showers and deep tissue massages if you have access to them which i didnt haha)
  • jester13
    jester13 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I feel I get stinger and bulking is really not a problem. I think it effects cutting and leaning out though. The stress of it seams to stop fat loss a bit.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm same here...work 12 hours a day on average for 6 days a week. I just fit it in when and where I can. My average sleep is 3-5 hours per night and catch up a little on Sunday.