Stopping fight or flight eating...reducing anxiety...over production of stress hormone

Options
viola343
viola343 Posts: 62 Member
For many years i suffered from the fight or flight issue...i've gone through bad relationships and failure of work and other living functions due to this issue...i am repenting today..Today i have my family, professionals such as doctors, therapist,nutritionist...The goal is to change my eating and excercise habits...due to this sickness. i know everyday americans are stressed but some people react differently more than others. I know this issue has caused over eating and weight gain...do i want to gain weight? of course not. what i want to do is to change my eating pattern and excercise habits to help with my body production of stress hormones.

Replies

• viola343
    Options
    I know from experience...carbs are dangerous for anxiety. they will spike up your blood sugar....rice, crackers, peanut butter, sugar, any simple and high sugary food, drink or snack(smooties), will produce more of your stress hormones. from experience..high intensity excercise habit will increase my stress hormone to eat more...it can even induce anxiety....so that pattern is changing....
  • viola343
    Options
    antianxiety medication and/or natural supplement may also be a key in renewing your life.
  • viola343
    Options
    I am ready!! One supplement to consider is valerian roots...
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Welcome Viola, There are resources here that can help. The calorie logging keeps a diary of what we eat. Its helpful for me, just the act of logging itself keeps me on track from overeating or from eating unconsciously ( as I like to call it ) because as I log every bit of food that goes in my mouth its a way for me to be accountable to myself about what I eat. That way I have gotten rid of any loopholes my mind might think I have for discounting anything I might eat. It keeps me honest.

Also, mfp will let you know what level of calories you should eat to get to your goal. If you set your weight loss goal and how fast you want to lose, gain, or maintain your weight, it tells you how many calories to aim for each day for that goal.

Some people get a food scale to be accurate, I don't do that and it has worked out fine for me.

Some people do excersize and they log their excersize too so that way they know how many extra calories they have earned for each day.

I hope you find th mfp calorie logging makes it easier.

Best wishes on your journey to health.

• viola343
    Options
    my signs of stress..clinching of fist....pacing...mouth watery...ears popping...
  • viola343
    Options
    I also notice those holistic food (snack) at certain healthy specialty groccery stores put you back into more anxiety... there food are more made in a natural herbs that may be too tranquilizing... your brain needs a certain balence of nutrients...best practice stick to everyday food prymaid...those new types of food, i think cause more anxiety...
  • trishaallen60
    trishaallen60 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Interesting
  • viola343
    Options
    maybe not a natural supplement like i mentioned above but like vitamins from walmart or something... another thing, sometimes people couple excercise and food together...i don't like that. i think food does not have to control me just because I excercise...therefore i excercise to keep a lean look...i eat because i get hungry but i don't have to always eat..watching my calories is always a good healthy practice.....I do doubt if i can build the life i'm asking for...well the reason i've experienced these issue was because of my locations(where ive been) issues in my life.... the good news, i have good self-will...i just have to keep fighting to keep my mind and body stabile and away from the junk that controls us.