Cabbage

Options
jones092508
jones092508 Posts: 75 Member
Some good, healthy recipes that involve cabbage. We currently have an abundance and I'm looking for something new to use for prepping next weeks meals tomorrow.

Thanks!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tangy/creamy Waldorf salad
    - thinly sliced cabbage
    - thinly Chopped onion
    - Chopped apple
    - Mayo/fat free mayo/or fat free sour cream
    - Couple table spoons of white vinegar
    - Salt, pepper, onion powder
    - Toasted walnuts

It's my fav salad.

Or you could always chopp it up and sautee it w butter/oil/ spray oil/ onions and soy sauce
  • katya81806
    katya81806 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sautéed with some ground turkey and a little bit of butter! Or, with lean ground beef (higher cals, but more satisfying and you can use less beef than turkey). It's my absolute favorite! Sometimes I make veggie soup and put tons of cabbage in it along w carrots, celery, sweet potatoes or whatever veg you have. Throw some shrimp in at the last 5 minutes and you have a very tasty and low calorie meal. I think the recipe I use is a weight watchers one.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Red or green? I like making a huge salad with dark leafy greens, red cabbage, some carrot shavings, shrimp, avocado, sesame oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder. A dash of chili oil is nice too.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You can shred it and make moo shu chicken or shrimp, boil it with potatoes and turkey kielbasa, or my all time favorite cabbage rolls. I traditionally make them with ground beef, but for a healthier option you can find recipes that use shredded veggies mixed with quinoa, bulger wheat or rice.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    coleslaw is good i love it, u can make healthy version with greek yogurt or cottage cheese
  • tommytorpedo
    tommytorpedo Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Cut the cabbage into small pieces. Boil that cabbage down with onions and a tablespoon + of bacon fat on top. salt. mix with potato dumplings. Maybe it's not so healthy, but it's filling.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I normally shred green cabbage and saute with sliced onion and different seasonings. Top with grilled chicken or ground beef and you've got a very quick, simple, healthy meal.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Adds a nice crunch to a salad, or you can use them to make little cups and fill with whatever you prefer (tofu cabbage cups, lean beef, pork, chicken...etc)