I really need some motivation

I have been trying to lose weight for a long time im 25 and almost 200lbs. I have tried everything and idk what to do. I just dont see results when i go on a diet and i give up. Need some tips or motivation. Thanks

Replies

• aubrit01
    aubrit01 Posts: 3 Member
    I am in the same situation. What I feel works the best is having someone help push. That meaning texts to make sure your eating correctly AND frequently and phone calls to check up on your exercise (maybe even find a work out buddy). I could you use someone to push me as well. Maybe we could be there for each other.
  • wolf0213
    wolf0213 Posts: 25 Member
    I would be happy to help with support. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Have you tried personal trainers on Youtube that give away free workout calendars?
  • dawndionisi
    dawndionisi Posts: 23 Member
    Yeah i could really use a support system. Im having a diificult time adding friends from my phone feel free to add me
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    You have "tried everything". Can you elaborate on that, a little? What specifically have you tried, and for how long?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited August 2016
    I saw that you mentioned that you don't see results, and because of that, you give up. Depending on how long you are giving your diets a chance, could it be possible that you just have unrealistic expectations of weightloss? Weightloss is NOTHING like The Biggest Loser, or those grocery store checkout aisle magazines that promise "20 pounds lost in one month!"

The hard truth is that weight usually comes off at about twice the rate it took to put on. A 2 pound-per-week loss is the most you'd want to shoot for. Keep your expectations reasonable and not overly-aggressive, and you won't have such a hard time with feeling disappointed with your results.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    HEY! DROP AND GIVE ME TWENTY! Did that work?

It starts with your mind..nobody else can motivate YOU ..it has to be YOU! The rest of us will support your efforts and offer encouragement!

I'm a 57 year old grandpa soon to be 58 (September) and I have dropped 70 pounds in 5 months. I started at 308 pounds on Feb 29th. IF I can do it..so can you..now get that butt moving..anything..start with something..

bczkm03eclff.jpg