FitBit Flex or Jawbone UP

Options
2»

Replies

• ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much "ze_hombre"! The info was very helpful!!! Way to go on the 77 lbs lost!!!

Thanks!

Other than having a Flex I have the same setup as EasilyLed and have no complaints in that regard. The Aria is really nice.

A friend of mine has the Nike Fuel band and he seems happy with it. I would be hesitant to go that route since Nike doesn't sync with MFP though. I consider MFP integration a bit of a show stopper.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    For me, the FitBit was grossly inaccurate when compared to the BodyMedia (which you may or may not be considering). For example when I went cycling, it recorded only 88 calories burned whereas BodyMedia recorded 359, which is more accurate and would compare with the gym equipment (I was riding outside but it's comparable). In the end, I returned the FitBit as it wasn't close enough to being accurate.

That said, I am getting a Jawbone this week to compare it to the BodyMedia and see which I like better and which is more accurate.

Neither product will measure biking. All these devices are just pedometers and they track steps. Riding a bike does not involve steps. For biking you either want to use an HRM and something like Endomondo or Runtastic (or any other of the free apps out there including the BodyMedia) or use a cadence sensor on the bike that can detect mileage and guesstimate the calorie burn.
  • churchchipmunk
    churchchipmunk Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thank you "Easilyled"! I appreciate your comments very much! I think I agree and would prefer one I could just clip on and would love to see the seamless syncing with MPF. The Scale seems interesting, too! Thanks again!