Need advice for "COACHES"

Options
So I have these friends who want me to let them "coach" me in the name of Beachbody and shakeology and KETO plus others. I appreciate their offers and I know they care, but I don't believe in that stuff. I have lost 93 lbs just recording calories. Does anyo9ne have a similar issue or know how to explain to them I am not looking to do some fad diet, or be part of the scam known as multi-level-marketing

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Tell them that last line straight to their faces.

And watch out for your before-and-after pictures if you have any that are posted publicly. People have posted here before that these scamwoos have stolen their before-and-after pictures to promote their products.

And way to go on the 93lbs! WOO WOO! YOU ROCK!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the awesome weight loss!! She is right^^^^ just tell them no and protect your before and afters.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    If they won't take no as your answer, they are not your friends. Congratulations on all your hard work and persistence in your losses.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    You already answered you own question in your OP. Just tell them " I am not looking to do some fad diet, or be part of the scam known as multi-level-marketing". Are these people your family? Then do not worry about saying thanks but no thanks..
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I don't consider people like this, to be friends!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I laugh at those people and refuse to speak with them. I don't have time for all the derp and woo and fad diets.when they start with their Keto propaganda or beach body jihad crap, I like to ask them all the questions that make them cringe and walk away.
  • BigTandthesquatters
    BigTandthesquatters Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I was hoping for an easier let down than brutal candor, but alack alas honesty it shall be.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So I have these friends who want me to let them "coach" me in the name of Beachbody and shakeology and KETO plus others. I appreciate their offers and I know they care, but I don't believe in that stuff. I have lost 93 lbs just recording calories. Does anyo9ne have a similar issue or know how to explain to them I am not looking to do some fad diet, or be part of the scam known as multi-level-marketing

And, after you say that last line, tell them to go away. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss! Job well done!

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I was hoping for an easier let down than brutal candor, but alack alas honesty it shall be.

You can start with a "No thanks. I'm not interested. What I'm doing is working well for me and I'm not looking to change that." To start with, but be prepared that you may need to take a harder stance.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    If they know about your weight loss, they probably just want to be able to use your before & afters and overstate the role they had in making them possible.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Look them in the eye

Say "when you lose 93lbs come talk to me" smile and move on
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    Here's a good one:

"When what I'm doing isn't working anymore, I may give you a call. But don't count on it."

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png