Packing on pounds

Options
Ectomorph body type..need to gain about 20kgs

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ectomorph body type..need to gain about 20kgs

Ectomorphs are not a thing. It's a fitness myth. If you want to gain, you need to eat in a surplus. Set you account to gain, and eat that calorie amount daily. If you don't gain after a month, then add another 250 calories.. rinse and repeat.

And if you want muscle, follow a progressive lifting program.
  • Hgrfhnvs
    Hgrfhnvs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm getting most of my calories in everyday..some days it's hard to get in all and I'm lifting 4 times a week...thanks for the tip!
  • psuLemon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read#latest

If you need help getting calories, the above thread has tips on how to get there. Weight gain is about consistency.

BTW, which lifting program are you following?
  • Hgrfhnvs
    Hgrfhnvs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I saved the thread thank u very much. My eating plan is on track since I started MFP but the problem is consistency in the gym. At the moment in training on a Monday Wednesday Friday and Saturday. I can train for months and get strong and pack on few pounds too and then suddenly I will stop for a while. I don't know why. And as a Muslim we have to fast for a whole month every year. We can only eat at nights. That does throw a spanner in the works. Monday is back and rear delts. Wednesday is legs. Friday is bicep and back and Saturday is shoulders and triceps.
  • psuLemon
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I saved the thread thank u very much. My eating plan is on track since I started MFP but the problem is consistency in the gym. At the moment in training on a Monday Wednesday Friday and Saturday. I can train for months and get strong and pack on few pounds too and then suddenly I will stop for a while. I don't know why. And as a Muslim we have to fast for a whole month every year. We can only eat at nights. That does throw a spanner in the works. Monday is back and rear delts. Wednesday is legs. Friday is bicep and back and Saturday is shoulders and triceps.

You would be better off following a structure full body routine. Hitting muscles only once a week, is rather ineffective.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest