Cauliflower soup twist

Options
Puravidablonde
Puravidablonde Posts: 65 Member
So I made a cauliflower soup the other day, but I knew I would think it was bland on its own so I kicked it up a notch and it was fantastic and insanely low in calories, 57 per cup serving.

Here is the initial recipe: http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2015/02/cauliflower-soup.html#_a5y_p=3398595

Before blending, I added cumin, diced jalapeños. Then after blending, I added Red beans.

Fabulous soup.

Replies

• jzazj
    jzazj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe... definitely gonna try this one!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    I love soup and I'd definitely have to spice it up like you did, particularly since I have a nice crop of jalapenos and onions from my garden right now. Thanks!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I made gumbo the other day and used cauliflower rice instead of real rice. It was great. Even my husband didn't complain.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I made gumbo the other day and used cauliflower rice instead of real rice. It was great. Even my husband didn't complain.

I'm looking forward to doing this myself!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    This is a keeper (except for the garlic). I may also spice it up maybe with a can of rotell and I may also throw some diced chicken after blending for more protein. Thank you for sharing.
  • Puravidablonde
    Options
    Love everyone's ideas!
  • Gisel2015
    Options

Where do you get the cauliflower rice? I would like to try it and see how my husband and I like it.
  • Puravidablonde
    Options
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Where do you get the cauliflower rice? I would like to try it and see how my husband and I like it.

I made it myself by just putting cauliflower in the food processor.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    Oh dear, I was hopping to find a package at a supermarket because I don't have a food processor. I am not inclined to get one either since my cooking is quite simple. Thanks for the information and kudos to you for doing that.
  • Puravidablonde
    Options
    Oh dear, I was hopping to find a package at a supermarket because I don't have a food processor. I am not inclined to get one either since my cooking is quite simple. Thanks for the information and kudos to you for doing that.

Oh I use my food processor daily! Veggies, beans, whatever. However, I am a vegetarian living in a third world country so am forced to make a lot of my own food now lol.
  • trues21
    trues21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Instead of adding broth just throw it in the blender, add butter and make "mashed potatoes". Soooo good and you don't even taste the difference.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options

@Gisel2015, I grate cauliflower with an old fashioned box grater, then I saute it and season how I like. I often grate the entire head at a time, and either store it in the fridge or freeze it.
  • Gisel2015
    Options
    @Queenmunchy and @crazyravr

Thanks for the tips peeps!

I do mashed cauliflower all the time instead of mashed potatoes. My husband and I like it very much and sometimes I add shredded cheese, any kind, to give it a different flavor.