MapMyWalk + Fitbit + MFP?

Options
I was wondering if I use the above 3 apps together - will MFP double the exercise from MMW and my Fitbit? I am not really sure when I look at the logs if it counts it twice or not...

Replies

• rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    For walking, your Fitbit will track and count that for you. No need to use MapMyWalk in addition to the Fitbit for just walking. As long as you have your Fitbit connected to MFP and negative calorie adjustments selected, it will automatically track your steps and give or take away calories based on your steps for the day.

I recently started using my Fitbit again to track my daily steps but when I do an activity that isn't step based, like cycling, I use MapMyRide to track that. I have my Fitbit and MFP connected to MapMyRide so it will automatically sync and update my calorie burns.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It won't double count.

If you use all of the above, MFP will only use one source for any given period of time.

Such as if you wear your Fitbit all the time, and use MFP then MFP takes the Fitbit readout of actual calories burned and used that instead of what MFP calculates. If you log a MMW walk from 1:00pm-2:00pm, MFP will use the MMP data for that time period, and the Fitbit data from the other 23 hours in the day.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Though personally - I do prefer for Fitbit to count it all. I use MMW but do not have it connected to MFP. I use it to track distance, see my routes only.
  • thrashscara
    thrashscara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use all 3, but I only use map my walk to find new walking routes near me to keep things exciting, I have negative calorie enabled, but as I'm going out in the evenings and don't eat anything when I get back, I don't eat back any extra calories it may have given me.