Best at home workout video?

Options
I am looking for an at home cardio/light weight video(s) to do on my non-gym days. Trying to work-out 6 days/week with gym being 2-3 days. I know hulu has daily burn available and I am sure there are a ton out there that I don't know about

Not interested in beach body products or any other video that requires shakes or weird meal plans.

Replies

• erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    You can find Jillian Michaels 30 day shred videos for free online. They are a bit boring if you do them regularly, but just turn on some fun music and crank 'em out. They are no nonsense, and a good mix of cardio with some light strength in there.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyer has a series called 30 Minutes to Fitness. These DVDs have 2 - 30 minute workouts plus lots of premixes to keep is fresh. Lots of different styles some circuit (mixes cardio & strength) some strength, and some cardio.

Video Clips & reviews: http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/kelly-coffey-meyer

I like that Kelly is just herself.....not a TV personality mugging for the camera
  • willworkoutforwine
    willworkoutforwine Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like doing zumba videos on YouTube at home, although that's just cardio. My personal fave is Danielle's Habibis, although there are only a few full-length (30 min) videos.

Daily Burn is also great and has a TON of options. I never get bored with it.
  • agnatkowa
    agnatkowa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I recommend Jennifer Smith TV on YouTube. She also writes articles for mfp. Her exercises focus on power walk.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Jessica Smith tv has some great online videos on YouTube and on her own site-I think it's JessicaSmithtv.com, but don't quote me on that. ;) Also, I love Leslie Sansone. She has dvds but you can also find her on YouTube. It's walking, but she has come out with some great workouts that incorporate HIIT and a little bit of dancing in addition to the walking. She talks throughout the whole thing and I can't say her music is very up to date, but once you get the basic moves down, you can just mute her out (her AND the music if you want), but she is very encouraging and relatable. Plus there is wide variety of workouts you can do, ranging from beginner to advanced, 1 mile to 5 miles, 15 minutes to an hour. Love that about her. Lots of options to just get moving. And that's really her bottom line-to get you moving.
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Check out Pop Sugar fitness, too. They have free online videos for just about any type of workout you could want.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    erinc5 wrote: »
    You can find Jillian Michaels 30 day shred videos for free online. They are a bit boring if you do them regularly, but just turn on some fun music and crank 'em out. They are no nonsense, and a good mix of cardio with some light strength in there.

I love the shred. When I was 260lbs, it's what got me started. It's pretty much cardio since you do a lot of the body exercises (such as squats. lunges, and planks) without or with very light weights. I don't mind her...all I care about is getting a good workout.

I also like Les Mills combat which is cardio kickboxing. I also like the beachbody workouts (just the workouts). They are a good starting point.

There's fitnessblender as well.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I really like Turbofire and any Shaun T workouts. They are beach body videos but you don't have to buy the shakes and you can usually find them cheaper on Ebay or craigslist
    You can also find them on Amazon. I also still love to do my old TaeBo videos just to change things up.
  • Lindsay375
    Lindsay375 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions! Can't wait to try all of them out!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity Max 30 and no shakes are required lol, just bought the DVDs online because its an effective work out in a short period of time. I also have the SWORKIT app on my phone which allows me a ton of customized 5-30 minute workouts anytime and anywhere.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Do you want something available free online? I like Kendal Hogan, Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin, and the Firm just to name a few. I love Turbo Jam (yes, beach body, but there is no requirement for shakes or meal plans) but it is not free online. I borrow dvds from my library. Many videos will come with links to meal plans, but you don't have to follow them.
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    As others have recommended already, Beachbody has great workouts. I don't have a lot of time so use T25 and Insanity Max 30.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned Fitness blender yet! They are the best!!!! They have a channel on YouTube. Not only did I lose 90 lbs using just their work out program but I am also truly fit now. Tons of variety so you never get bored. You could choose an 8 minute workout or 30 minutes or 90 depending on what you have time for.

I also like another YouTube channel, Shine dance fitness. They just have lots of Zumba type dances to popular music. I like to dance so sometimes I will do those for something different.
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Take all of these suggestions. Beachbody you don't have to buy extras, I love them but not everyone does. The best workouts are the ones you keep up with. If you're paying for a gym I'd start with YouTube and see if you like the free ones.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I can't believe nobody's mentioned Fitness blender yet! They are the best!!!! They have a channel on YouTube. Not only did I lose 90 lbs using just their work out program but I am also truly fit now. Tons of variety so you never get bored. You could choose an 8 minute workout or 30 minutes or 90 depending on what you have time for.

I also like another YouTube channel, Shine dance fitness. They just have lots of Zumba type dances to popular music. I like to dance so sometimes I will do those for something different.

Never heard of Fitness Blender. Now I'm gonna check it out.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is awesome! The couple that run it also seem like really nice people.
  • stetter123
    stetter123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cathe!
  • ChelseaHeights
    ChelseaHeights Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Cathe Friedrich!! She'll kick your butt and it's fun!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender all the way!

I don't even bother with anyone else. I love them!