Guilty about NOT Eating?

Options
Just wondering if anybody has experienced this? I am guessing it goes back to some food scarcity thing somewhere in my ancestors past. Whenever I tell myself to eat slowly and not worry about finishing my plate-that there's plenty food in the world and there's no scarcity, I get a "scarcity" trigger in my mind telling me I better eat now since there may be no food later. Not saying that's reasonable; just saying that happens. Has anybody else experienced this?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You could make smaller portions, then it would be a non-issue. I hate throwing out food too, but now I don't put as much on my plate. Guilt free living, yessss :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I believe that is why I always clean my plate. Mrs, on the other hand, is perfectly willing to leave 90% of the stuff on the plate if she wants to save tummy space for dessert, and willing to leave some dessert on the plate if she's full. That may also be why I put too many plates piled with too much food in front of me. My weight loss journey has been by putting precisely measured less on a tightly controlled number of plates and cleaning them.