August Intermittent Fasting Challenge!!!

Options
madbananahana
madbananahana Posts: 5 Member
Is anyone with me?!!!
I have taken inspiration for this from Georgie and Darren from Vegan Fitness TV on YouTube who have seen great benefits from this lifestyle!
I am embarking on a 16/8 fast where I eat all of my daily calories in an 8 hour window so that my body can fast, take a break from digestion and become stimulated to tap into my fat stores instead of the energy from the food I would have eaten at that time :) Let's do it for ONE MONTH and see how far we get!! Good luck!
(If you need any more information please visit Vegan Fitness TV on YouTube who have a huge amount of incredible videos on the topic to help you in your journey!)

Replies

• victoriansecret
    victoriansecret Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm in :) I'll post when I first and past eat everyday if that's okay and I'll try to get it in a 8 hour window.
  • tfirman
    tfirman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in :) Ate breakfast at 7:00 and lunch at 11:00. Drank a kombucha for supper.
  • victoriansecret
    Options
    Can I ask if we're counting fluid with calories in it? I'm talking coffee with milk
  • lledger
    lledger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Breakfast between 6 and 7, snacking until main meal just before 2.
  • krystaiclare
    krystaiclare Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally in for this... just saw tge youtube video :) let's do this. I have an up coming audition, i really need to lose the pounds :s
  • victoriansecret
    Options
    So...lunch 1pm plum and cup a soup dinner 7pm-7.15pm stirfry
  • morcadioa
    morcadioa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this right now, so I'm in too. The only drinks I will be having is water and green tea victoriansecret, that's all I drink anyway so I'm not sure about coffee with milk. Hopefully someone who can advise you further will see this X
  • trishvb11
    trishvb11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I am totally in! I have my meals between 12-8. I am central time zone so some will be different. Any who, I at spring mix salad with turkey, cheese, and boiled egg. I had some cheese for a snack and am about to go to diner and eat salad again for diner. I will probably have another snack before bed.
  • SlankeTinuke
    SlankeTinuke Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just letting you guys know that the fat stores are one of the last stores that your body taps in to. Hence, the theory of fasting for 16 hours to loose fat will not work. But I do wish you all good luck!
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Just letting you guys know that the fat stores are one of the last stores that your body taps in to. Hence, the theory of fasting for 16 hours to loose fat will not work. But I do wish you all good luck!

This is not true. After at least 12 hours of fasting, your body's blood sugar levels are practically depleted which then causes your body to start burning stored fat.
  • wendelldillon72
    wendelldillon72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @SlankeTinuke the body stores fat to be used in times of depleted energy, sure it will burn muscle as well, but the fact is if the goal is to lose weight, then it will get the job done. For anyone planning to do it, strength training will make up for the muscle loss, and with more muscle development, there'll be more fat loss. Drink a lot of water and try not to drink your calories. Good luck everyone