Starting again

Options
Beckyferg90
Beckyferg90 Posts: 64 Member
edited August 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Good morning everyone

I use to do SW and lost over two stone but started getting expensive and gained all that weight again and fell of the wagon! And thought I'll start counting my calories as I've got a holiday in May to loose weight for! So basically I would like to know how much weight has everyone lost using the app and counting calories? Were you strict with your food choices? And how much could I loose before May?

Have a good day everyone and please feel free to add me xxx

Replies

• Determinedtoloseliz
    Determinedtoloseliz Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hit my 2st loss yesterday. Before that lost and gained on SW for 3 years! For me it never worked as I over ate free food because I could. I love calorie counting (thought I'd never say that) but it shows me how big my portions should be and I enjoy my food a lot more now.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    This app is really helpful, it helps us get to know the calorie value of all foods for one thing which is inclined to help us make better choices.

The best advice to give you is use a food scale so you learn about portion sizes.

I've been maintaining my goal weight for over 3 years, it took me a year to lose the 20lbs I wanted to lose back in 2012. I chose the slower loss approach so I never felt deprived or that I was on yet another diet.

MFP changed the way I looked at food and it got me thinking about moving more as that meant I could eat more yet still lose :smiley: win win!

All the best :smile: