DOMS

Options
How do you get through a workout with DOMS? I'm really wanting to do my workout today but my legs are killing

Replies

• mummy_3_uk
    mummy_3_uk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just do it and get through. Im on day 2 of Jillian Micheals beginners shred and this morning I woke up with sore arms but once I did todays workout it went away. I did do some arm stretches before my morning workout to loosen up a little too
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    Stretching will definitely help!
  • dykask
    dykask Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to just workout the arms and core and give your legs a rest for a day. While you can work the muscles with DOMS, it probably is fine to just go easy on them for a day too.

Lately I've been doing a lot of pushups, but I only do them 2 or 3 times a weeks, otherwise the arms get too sore. I'm less caring about my legs. When they are really soar then I back off for a day.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Rach0792 wrote: »
    How do you get through a workout with DOMS? I'm really wanting to do my workout today but my legs are killing

Simple - I take an active rest and recovery day until the DOMS has subsided. A nice 30-60 minute walk, or 30-60 minute spin on the bike.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    If the DOMS are "killing" me, I don't workout. I may train the area that isn't hurting, and then walk, stretch and foam roll the sore area. If it has been a couple days and the DOMS have improved enough where I can do the movement correctly, I will continue my training cycle. At that point, training seems to get rid of the rest of the soreness.