Lifting making me hungry

This may sound weird but ever since I started lifting my kind of heavy, I have been munching down like crazy. I don't over do it but I am logging at least 100-200 calories over.
Anyone ever experienced this?

Replies

• Pinupdollrawr
    Pinupdollrawr Posts: 137 Member
    Perfectly normal! Happened to me. I was eating to little I was aiming for 1500 and ended up always eating more like 200 up. And I went to a place got my resting metabolic rate through machine testing they included my burns and came up with a calorie range. And I am now not hungry like that. Also make sure you are eating enough protein !
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Not weird at all
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Not weird at all

Perfectly normal. Any increase in activity may lead to increase in hunger but I've found that lifting especially does it for me.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    For a little bit I was lifting heavy (for me) and I would just up my calories on lift days because otherwise I would turn into a crazed monster who could only be soothed by food! And that'a bad look.

Now I just eat a flat amount, ad usually allow myself to be slightly under on non-lift days.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Perfectly normal. You are boosting your metabolism and so its burning. Just don't overeat and you're golden.