Help! I struggle to eat

So I don't know why but I struggle eating I can just about do two small meals a day. Some days I can eat 3 but very rare. I eat healthy but I legit live off sugar that's the only thing that keeps me going. I have started a new job start at 5 am so 4am I eat cereal then have a nap untill 12 don't eat till dinner time and that's a push any tips on how to eat more I've tried little and often my body don't like it either

Replies

• DublinDietitian
    DublinDietitian Posts: 14 Member
    edited August 2016
    Are you struggling because of time, appetite, availability of food, or another reason?

and, here comes the TMI -- how are your bathroom habits (you don't have to answer) -- but if you have a lot of stomach/gastrointestinal stress, and get constipation or diarrhea, you may have problems with the good bacteria in your gut which can lead to inability to digest well, leaving you not feeling hungry. My husband is similar - eats 2 small meals a day, has to stop eating a good 4-6 hours before bed or gets heart burn even if he just has something like a small bowl of yogurt and hour before bed. Anyway, if that's the case, it'll be good to work to rebalance - eating things like yogurt (plain), sauerkraut, kombucha, keifer, etc, with good probiotics.

It might be good to at least get a good multivitamin, and when you do eat, try to eat high-calorie, nutrient-rich foods like egg yolks, avocado, nuts and seeds, coconut, etc.