Pregnant and trying to maintain weight

Hello!

I have used MFP in the past and loved it! I lost 23 pounds and felt amazing. I am currently 7 months pregnant and within the last month have gained too much (doctor confirmed). I was instructed by my OB to cut back on my carbs/sugars and to eat healthier without dieting. I instantly thought "I need to track with MFP!" I have my goal set to maintain weight with the knowledge that even if I do stay within my calories my baby will be growing and I will gain weight. My goal is to stay within my calories and meet my macros, weighing myself is not a huge thing until after birth.

I would love any friends that will help motivate to keep tracking but not to be concerned with watching my weight.

Replies

• jlloyd204
    jlloyd204 Posts: 3 Member
    I am 5 months pregnant and using MFP to track calories as well. I also have it set to maintain weight and I'm not obsessed with weighing myself. Its more just to keep myself accountable and make sure I'm eating whole foods and getting enough protein and fats. With my first pregnancy last year I gained 100lbs and it took a lot of work to get that off when I found out I was pregnant again so I vowed not to let myself do that again!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Same here , last pregnancy last year gained 50 pounds. Never that again it took me a year to get it off now im 4 months and still at pre pregnancy weight . Ive been to the dr. She said baby measures great, im great , nothing to worry about . U dont have to gain tons of weight to be normal or have a pregnant baby . The only changed i made were . Cut out fried food, extra sweets , sodas and just ate more fruits when craving sweets . Im so impressed that u can still have a healthy pregnancy without gaining pounds and pounds . Keep in mind that around 4 months baby is not even a half a pound yet so why need to gain pounds and pounds as all the posts on internet make it seem?! Anyways good luck and congrats .. Just drink lots of water and cut out junk food and keep moving !!!
  • kbendert
    kbendert Posts: 74 Member
    I am 30 weeks pregnant with our first, and my doctor too talked about my weight gain as excessive at our last visit yesterday. I would love to have some friends to help and get help through the third trimester to eat healthier and be more active! :)
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Edit: * what i meant was not " pregnant babay " but a " healthy baby " lol :)
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 238 Member
    jlloyd204 wrote: »
    I am 5 months pregnant and using MFP to track calories as well. I also have it set to maintain weight and I'm not obsessed with weighing myself. Its more just to keep myself accountable and make sure I'm eating whole foods and getting enough protein and fats. With my first pregnancy last year I gained 100lbs and it took a lot of work to get that off when I found out I was pregnant again so I vowed not to let myself do that again!

This is my first pregnancy and I have done good but in this last trimester gained alot. I'm trying to not gain 100 pounds. My OB has told me if I stay on my current track I will gain 50 pounds total. It is time to make some changes!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    I am just 6 weeks pregnant with BMI >30 so I'm aiming to gain just the minimum baby needs. I am tracking too maintenance and trying to get out and walk. Would love to add any friends who are MFP'ing while pregnant!