fitbit for exercise data??

Options
How accurate do you guys think a fitbit is for your exercise data? I have connected my fitbit recently. What do you think?

Replies

• musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am interested also knowing the answer!! I have a pedometer that I am wearing also - the steps seem to be close - however fitbit is giving me WAY MORE CALORIES BURNED than my pedometer (like fitbit is saying over 1,000 and I've only did a mile walk! - on pedometer I've never gotten close to a thousand - including mowing tons of lawn!!! --- ????
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Your fitbit is estimating the total number of calories burned throughout the entire day, not just that mile walk. Keep in mind you're always burning calories even when you're just sitting around.
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. Solid investment. I don't have data transfer from my fitbit to MFP however only MFP to fitbit. I don't do the whole burn calories to earn calories. I only eat a set amount of calories each day. I love the fitbit for the calories in to out ratio. It counts all calories out throughout your entire day. It also shows you the impact your workouts have on your daily stats. How many calories burned, steps taken and active minutes collected during the workout. The only thing is that it doesn't always know exactly what your doing during your workout. Mine usually only says walking, running or outdoor sports. You can put into MFP what you will be doing prior and add what time your going to start the workout and fitbit will more accurately track your workout.