TDEE and fat grams???

Options
Hi everyone,

I am planning on going to CPK tonight for dinner and I really want to order my favorite Caesar salad. My TDEE -15% is about 1750 calories and I am at 935 now. Calorie wise I'm good but the salad has 40 grams of fat! I've intentionally eaten much less fat and a ton more protein today so I can have the salad but Scooby doesn't say anything about fat grams. I'm getting close to goal so I don't want to ruin it but at the same time I would love to treat myself. So just how bad is it to go over in fat grams?

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of fat, is it from avocado and olive oil? Those are healthy fats and they should not bring any concern. If it's just once in a while, it isn't going to affect your weight loss, only calories will do that.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You may see a temporary gain but that would be from the sodium in the anchovies and dressing. I wouldn't worry about it. Drink lots of water, and just enjoy it!!!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the fat. If you're within your calories, enjoy the salad.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Your macros don't have jack **** to do with TDEE.
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of fat it is honestly but it sure does taste good! I got in an extra long run today so I think I will treat myself. Thank you everyone!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    As long as you eat enough protein (ideally 1g per pound of lean body mass but 1g per kg of body weight is acceptable) being over on fat is fine. Fats and protein should be viewed as minimum values so it's fine to go over. Carbs are unnecessary so you don't have to worry about eating enough. Some people do low carb, some people find their exercise suffers if they keep carbs too low, do what works for you.

What's important about fats is the ratio of saturated vs. monounsaturated vs. polyunsaturated fats. Saturated fat has been demonized in the past but some is necessary. Half of your cells membranes are made up of by saturated fats. Saturated fats are easy to get in your diet so try to focus on incorporating more essential fatty acids into your diet. Oily fish and flax seeds are a great source of omega 3 EFA's. You can take a fish oil or flax oil supplement if you have trouble getting it from your diet. Omega 6's are very easy to get into your diet so there's not need to supplement it. Most people eat too many omega 6's and too little omega 3's so to maintain a good ratio you shouldn't supplement your omega 6 intake.

For information of setting your macro target, go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/911011-calculating-calorie-macronutrient-needs?page=1#posts-13821336