good exercise for sore back ?

Had to travel / fly yesterday. My back feels sore & achy today but I want to exercise. Does anybody have suggestions for exercise that won't aggravate my condition & may even help to loosen back muscles?

Thanks.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Are you just tight from being on a plane, or is there actually something wrong?

If you're just tight, then get up and move around. Swimming is a great exercise, but pretty much anything is better than sitting around. You'll loosen up the more you move, and can probably do whatever your regular workout would be.

If there's something wrong, then disregard the above.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    try a nice hot shower to relax your muscles?
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    cat camels, supine twist, about all I would suggest without talking to a health care professional.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Foam Roller!!
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Planks, wiper blades and hip drops come immediately to mind
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Just get up and walk. It's the only thing that loosens me up after too much sitting.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    This isn't a serious problem. It's a muscle strain . . . should be cured with a hot shower & an aspirin. I just didn't want to make it worse. Thanks to those who posted suggestions
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    stretching works for me, lots of stretching and moving around. get your blood pumping healing nutrients to the sore muscles