German body composition training

Options
cgvet37
cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
I started this program today, as this program is designed for recompositon. Which is what I'm trying to accomplish at the moment. I did not really know what to expect, but am looking forward to moving forward with this program. I will post my thoughts as time goes on. Here is a link to the program.
https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/lactic-acid-training-for-fat-loss

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Looks interesting...
  • cgvet37
    Options
    Looks interesting...

From what I have researched. It appears to be an affective program.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Uggh - the program itself sounds interesting (let us know), but I really hate a lot of the pretentious jerks who write for T-nation.
    As he says: "If you work out in a commercial gym your workout may be hampered by slackers and fat cows...". Awful.
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Uggh - the program itself sounds interesting (let us know), but I really hate a lot of the pretentious jerks who write for T-nation.
    As he says: "If you work out in a commercial gym your workout may be hampered by slackers and fat cows...". Awful.

I couldn't get on the page from my workstation, I was really intrigued by the description given. I almost don't want to read it now, I can't stand so called bloggers or writers that think awful writing like above is acceptable. He may not be a slacker or fat cow but he certainly sounds like a prick.
  • cgvet37
    Options

Unfortunately, some people are pricks.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I used to follow this author on Facebook but somewhere along the lines he went off the rails and began fat shaming.

And saying fat cows in the gym - they are there fixing the bloody problem.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Use that link to find the actual author (poliquin). I have done GBC and did GVT for a bit. They are tough and not your traditional type program (since it's based on time under tension). In fact, GBC is one of the hardest programs I have ever done in terms of being physically demanding. With that said, it can have limitation; your 1RM will probably suffer as you are lifting at 60% of 1RM in many calories. I did the program to help break a plateau.
  • cgvet37
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Use that link to find the actual author (poliquin). I have done GBC and did GVT for a bit. They are tough and not your traditional type program (since it's based on time under tension). In fact, GBC is one of the hardest programs I have ever done in terms of being physically demanding. With that said, it can have limitation; your 1RM will probably suffer as you are lifting at 60% of 1RM in many calories. I did the program to help break a plateau.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results at the end of six weeks. I like a challenging workout.