Need help!;( (Pictures)

Options
itsflaccoi
itsflaccoi Posts: 69 Member
I think from these online bf% measurements they say im around 19-21% body fat do you guys agree? After a short 3 month bulk ive decided to lose this extra fat so i hopped on a cut and am hoping to get 10-12% body fat I currently weigh 168 pounds and am 5'8 tall i only want to do about a 8 week cut and im going to be doing cardio and continuing with my weight training 5x a week im aiming for about 1.5 pounds per week so by the end of the 8 weeks to be around 155 do you guys think in 8 weeks based on my picture i will be around 10-12% bodyfat and am i really in the 20% bodyfat range thanks for the comments cheers (idky i just said that)d81akng3cwx8.jpeg

Replies

• itsflaccoi
    Options
    Just curious- why is your profile pic of a woman when you're a dude?

Because shes a beautiful woman & there no where on here that says it has to be you
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Maybe that's his thing on the weekends???? :)
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    itsflaccoi wrote: »
    I think from these online bf% measurements they say im around 19-21% body fat do you guys agree? After a short 3 month bulk ive decided to lose this extra fat so i hopped on a cut and am hoping to get 10-12% body fat I currently weigh 168 pounds and am 5'8 tall i only want to do about a 8 week cut and im going to be doing cardio and continuing with my weight training 5x a week im aiming for about 1.5 pounds per week so by the end of the 8 weeks to be around 155 do you guys think in 8 weeks based on my picture i will be around 10-12% bodyfat and am i really in the 20% bodyfat range thanks for the comments cheers (idky i just said that)d81akng3cwx8.jpeg

I think you can definitely get there. Just make sure you're focusing on nutrition with lots of protein! You're really close!
  • itsflaccoi
    Options

I think you can definitely get there. Just make sure you're focusing on nutrition with lots of protein! You're really close!
    Thanks and i hope soo you cant tell from this picture but i have quite the fat around my stomach and tighs which is were most of my fat is located
  • MarlotheAlpha
    MarlotheAlpha Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What is your diet looking like
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited August 2016
    Options

So you are probably less than 20% body fat, most likely around 15 or 16%. Depending on your goals, you might need to have more mass.

You proposing a fairly aggressive cut. If you do that, you probably would benefit from having protein around 1g per lb of weight or even slightly above. Also, generally it's advised to aim for 1% body fat loss per month.

ps - I am going to move this to the gaining weight section, mainly because we discuss more than just bulking (we also discuss cutting) and the advice is more specialized with people who have done this kind of thing. If that is an issue, let me know and I can move back.
  • itsflaccoi
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

So you are probably less than 20% body fat, most likely around 15 or 16%. Depending on your goals, you might need to have more mass.

You proposing a fairly aggressive cut. If you do that, you probably would benefit from having protein around 1g per lb of weight or even slightly above. Also, generally it's advised to aim for 1% body fat loss per month.

ps - I am going to move this to the gaining weight section, mainly because we discuss more than just bulking (we also discuss cutting) and the advice is more specialized with people who have done this kind of thing. If that is an issue, let me know and I can move back.

I dont think i could agree with the whole % body fat loss per month thing that would mean people that bulked up to 20% bodyfat would take 10 months to cut to 10% which in that time frame you would just lose everything you gained.
  • itsflaccoi
    Options
    What is your diet looking like

Right now my ratio split is 35% protein 35% fat and 30% carbs i weigh 168 pounds so right now im getting 170 garms of protein (i usually get like 30 garms more) 150 garms of carbs & 72 garms of fat my fat is usually shorted because i over eat on the protein and dont have any calories left for fat
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

I dont think i could agree with the whole % body fat loss per month thing that would mean people that bulked up to 20% bodyfat would take 10 months to cut to 10% which in that time frame you would just lose everything you gained.

And that is fair. Just keep in mind, the aggressive weight loss can also increase the chance of losing your gains. Personally, I adhere to a 20% deficit as it allows me to get adequate protein, maintain fairly high carbs and doesn't inhibit my lifting. Some prefer a bit less.
  • mihai_vuurwerk
    mihai_vuurwerk Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Maybe he likes pictures of *kitten* in his inbox.

On topic: guessing bf % by pictures is about as accurate as shooting with an ak.