Cleansing

Options
2»

Replies

• carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love everyone's unhelpful answers! I would do a week cleanse of fruits and veggies if you are just trying to reset before you change your lifestyle. There are a lot of good ones online, you just need to find one that works for you.

IMO, a 'reset' is completely mental and no amount of eating just fruits and vegetables is going to make it any easier. A balanced diet of wholesome foods should give you all the 'cleansing' your body needs, why wait a week if you can start now?
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Lmao at some of the responses - very clever! :laugh:

Reminds me of the lil back n forth in that movie "This is the End":

- "I can't eat that stuff. I'm on a cleanse"
    - "Oh, so you're not drinking or smoking weed?"
    - "No, I'm still drinking and smoking weed. I'm on a CLEANSE, I'm not psychotic!"

:smokin:
  • dmarien
    dmarien Posts: 58
    Options
    WOW at the comments. Some funny some just silly. Everyone must have had a bowl of smarta@# this morning with their wheaties...not helpful by the way. He is asking a legit question. This was not posted in the Chit chat section. He deserves the same respect and answers we would give anyone else.

I would go to your health food store and just look around. I agree with the other posts :if your are already eating the right things you probably dont need it. But if you feel you want to try something best bet is just to pick one and try it. Just remember with any you do stay close to home and the bathroom.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I love everyone's unhelpful answers! I would do a week cleanse of fruits and veggies if you are just trying to reset before you change your lifestyle. There are a lot of good ones online, you just need to find one that works for you.

IMO, a 'reset' is completely mental and no amount of eating just fruits and vegetables is going to make it any easier. A balanced diet of wholesome foods should give you all the 'cleansing' your body needs, why wait a week if you can start now?

IMO, I agree with you a "reset" is completely mental.
  • JBnyc99
    JBnyc99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVMhS14bRLlTpNXuZlMCX6DcAtv6pkcF9Pa-i8bOxSxs1NlNfp

Oh dear lord,...funniest thing I've seen or heard all week!

Thanks!!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ah, clense threads. Where the people posting completely debunked, ridiculous suggestions for cleanses tell the people stating the facts that they are being mean and unhelpful.

tumblr_mkp3noSgWd1qf7m4qo1_500.gif
  • popsicklestar
    popsicklestar Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm sure all the sarcastic commenters are referring to dramatic cleanses like the master cleanse. I've done it and don't advocate doing something like that at all. No, you don't need to do a cleanse for the body to flush out toxins, BUT I do feel there are healthy "cleanses" though, where you actually eat food. It's basically like eating perfectly clean for a short time. I did a "cleanse" when I first started losing weight where I cut out alcohol, sugar, soy, gluten, red meat, coffee, artificial sweeteners, and dairy for 4 weeks. I lost 10 pounds just eating when I was hungry and not counting calories at all. No starvation required. Some people realize they have a sensitivity to dairy or gluten or soy by doing a cleanse like this. I luckily do not, and got to resume eating cheese and bagels after the four weeks. It's too strict for me to keep up with beyond the four weeks, but I did feel really amazing and became much more aware of what I was putting in my body.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

How do you know what would be mentally easier for someone else?
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    From observing my friends who "detox" and "cleanse", all I can say is they fall into one of two camps;

1. My underweight friends who suffer from BDD and went from using "I have a gluten allergy" to "I'm cleansing" as an excuse for their anorexia.

2. My overweight friends who innocently began "cleansing" after vacations, but are now cleansing weekly. "I'm detoxing Monday" has become little more than an excuse to continue eating a high sugar, nutrient-poor diet.

Both groups claim they exercise daily. None of their bodies look better. That's all the proof I need...
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Poop?Pee? ta-da cleansed
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    From observing my friends who "detox" and "cleanse", all I can say is they fall into one of two camps;

1. My underweight friends who suffer from BDD and went from using "I have a gluten allergy" to "I'm cleansing" as an excuse for their anorexia.

2. My overweight friends who innocently began "cleansing" after vacations, but are now cleansing weekly. "I'm detoxing Monday" has become little more than an excuse to continue eating a high sugar, nutrient-poor diet.

Both groups claim they exercise daily. None of their bodies look better. That's all the proof I need...

My question to you: why are they still your friends? They sound a little toxic to me. I wouldn't want them in my friend pool. I bet that's a whole lot of unnecessary drama for you.
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    They're not "toxic" friends. They struggle with weight and/or body image issues - like 80% of the other women I know. My point is, from observing both underweight and overweight friends, "cleanses" are an all-around ineffective way to transform your body.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    At least have a sense of purpose- are you old enough to need a colonoscopy?