30 days of salads

Options
alane15
alane15 Posts: 121 Member
Challenge: make one meal a day a salad. Goal, consistently increase fresh vegetables into your regular diet.

Salads are very versatile and can include whatever mix of ingredients you want. They can also be simple to prepare ahead.

I'd like to have some people join me for accountability and inspiration. Who's in?

Replies

• bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    I normally have salad for lunch at work, but not always at home on the weekends. I'd be happy to join in if you don't mind that I may not always have a salad every single day.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. I have been neglecting my veggies for quite some time now and as of last week I also made a goal of eating at least one salad per day! :smile:
  • alane15
    Options
    bdgfn wrote: »
    I normally have salad for lunch at work, but not always at home on the weekends. I'd be happy to join in if you don't mind that I may not always have a salad every single day.

That's totally fine. I want this to be a flexible challenge that fits the needs of anyone participating. Glad to have you!
  • alane15
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    I would love to join. I have been neglecting my veggies for quite some time now and as of last week I also made a goal of eating at least one salad per day! :smile:

I'm aiming for one salad every day for 30 days. Today is day one for me! Thanks for joining.
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ill join. Ive been dieting with salads for months on end now and lost tons of weight doing it. Not sure ill be eating one a day but i do have one for dinner like 4-5 times a week.

PS I had a salad for dinner last night :open_mouth:
  • djspacecaptain
    djspacecaptain Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i had a salad tonight as well!!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I'd joing, but a salad a day is what I have been having for at leat 6 days a week for over a year :smiley: So it is not really a challenge for me. I simply love love love salads
  • olymp1a
    Options
    Ill join. Ive been dieting with salads for months on end now and lost tons of weight doing it. Not sure ill be eating one a day but i do have one for dinner like 4-5 times a week.

PS I had a salad for dinner last night :open_mouth:

Having salad for dinner is what I do too, and it really helps with weight loss!
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like the sounds of this one...I'm not a fan of salad (one of the many reasons I'm here :lol: ) but I'm trying to increase my veg intake so this sounds like a good plan! I might struggle to have one every day, but I will aim for 5 days of the week if that's ok :smiley:
  • alane15
    Options
    I like the sounds of this one...I'm not a fan of salad (one of the many reasons I'm here :lol: ) but I'm trying to increase my veg intake so this sounds like a good plan! I might struggle to have one every day, but I will aim for 5 days of the week if that's ok :smiley:

I'm not a huge fan of salads either,but getting creative with them has helped. Sometimes I make more of a salad bowl with quinoa, hummus, and mixed vegetables. My other favorite is taco salad.
  • alane15
    Options
    Hey all! Thanks for joining.

As part of this challenge, will you each share your favorite salad of the week (let's aim for Sunday/Monday for updates)? That might help give others new ideas for the week ahead. Also share your general success with the challenge and any tips questions.

Glad you're here.
  • olymp1a
    Options
    alane15 wrote: »
    Hey all! Thanks for joining.

As part of this challenge, will you each share your favorite salad of the week (let's aim for Sunday/Monday for updates)? That might help give others new ideas for the week ahead. Also share your general success with the challenge and any tips questions.

Glad you're here.

That's a great idea, I'd love to get new ideas from you guys! :smile:
  • ScotsLass78
    Options
    I think my first salad might be a bit boring, but I'm quite a plain eater.... :smile: I'm having a spinach, olive and feta cheese salad with peppers, spring onion, beetroot, baby potatoes and egg. I'm actually looking forward to lunch now :wink:
  • alane15
    Options
    I think my first salad might be a bit boring, but I'm quite a plain eater.... :smile: I'm having a spinach, olive and feta cheese salad with peppers, spring onion, beetroot, baby potatoes and egg. I'm actually looking forward to lunch now :wink:

I think that sounds great. A good variety of vegetables. I get bored of greens and dressing and need all the other vegetables to make something I actually enjoy!
  • olymp1a
    Options
    I've been eating the exact same salad for 5-6 days now and I can't get enough of it, I just love it. It's very simple too... 100gr of lollo verde lettuce, lollo red lettuce and rocket leaves, 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds, one and a half tablespoon of pumpkin seeds and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar with honey. You can also top it with a few parmesan flakes. :smile:
  • alane15
    Options
    My favorite salad this week was a taco salad. Mixed greens with black beans, jalapeños, cheese, meatless crumbles, a little sour cream and salad. Oh and tortilla chips crushed and mixed in. I actually made a taco dip Monday and used the leftovers to mix in.

I also had salad at a wedding party with kale, cabbage, cranberries, sunflower seeds, and lemon poppyseed dressing. That was amazing and I can't wait to make it at home!

• ScotsLass78
    Options
    I've not been doing so good at this, I've been ill since end of last week haven't eaten the best...but I've got a ham hock and green salad for lunch today - time to get back on track and start eating better!
  • olymp1a
    Options
    I only missed my salad one day that I went out for a business dinner, so far all other days I eat 1-2 salads every day.

This week's favorite one is a blend of greens (butterhead lettuce, radicchio, rocket) with goji berries, cranberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds. I topped it with a vanilla strawberry balsamic vinegar sauce and it was delicious!
  • alane15
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    I only missed my salad one day that I went out for a business dinner, so far all other days I eat 1-2 salads every day.

This week's favorite one is a blend of greens (butterhead lettuce, radicchio, rocket) with goji berries, cranberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds. I topped it with a vanilla strawberry balsamic vinegar sauce and it was delicious!

That sounds good. I'm curious about goji berries but haven't tried them yet. They sound good but also expensive. I probably would have bought some over the weekend but the were sold out.
  • alane15
    Options
    My most interesting salad last week was a buffalo ranch salad I threw together quickly on my lunch break. Chickpeas, greens, red onion, avocado, brusseles sprouts, just ranch, franks hot sauce, and dried parsley.