Breakfast vs Lunch

Options
2»

Replies

• pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different really, its all about what works best for you. I find I am feeling my thinnest when I have something small in the morning but to each their own :)

My go to is an egg and a sliced up tomato. :D
  • cliftonav
    cliftonav Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Some say that you should not skip breakfast because it kick starts your metabolism..... True?
  • cliftonav
    Options
    Is there such a thing as foods to speed up your metabolism?
  • cliftonav
    Options
    Does your metabolism slow right down when you sleep ?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    No, and no.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    "Some say that you should not skip breakfast because it kick starts your metabolism..... True?"

No...

"Is there such a thing as foods to speed up your metabolism?"

No...

"Does your metabolism slow right down when you sleep ?"

Not significantly...

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard that whole "lunch should be your biggest meal of the day" from a friend on weight watchers. And I've seen her struggle with it. She's hangry all morning at work, sluggish in the afternoon and then after a few days of this, I see her going out for take out for dinner or having a massive junk food binge (fbook friends).

She's made no progress in months. Losing and gaining the same 14lbs (shes very obese).

So, yeah, meal timing means absolutely nothing if it's not something that will work for you. Other than weekends, my meals are pretty much same calorie breakdown (300-500). Weekends I usually have a 700 calorie breakfast with my family, light late lunch and normal dinner.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    cliftonav wrote: »
    Some say that you should not skip breakfast because it kick starts your metabolism..... True?
    False. I think this comes from a study that showed people who ate breakfast were less likely to be overweight than those who skipped breakfast. However that study was of people who ate ad lib rather than calorie restricting. Studies that focused on people who ate the same calories showed that meal timing was not a factor for increasing weightloss.
  • cliftonav
    Options
    Thanks everyone