The pill

Options
Women , whats your experience with the pill?Did it make you gain weight? There are many women who told me it did.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i didnt gain any weight when i went on the pill
  • kittyy250
    kittyy250 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No never any weight gain
    I think that's a load of rubbish!!!
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    No. I gained weight because I ate too much, not because of the pill.

Are you still freaking out over 500g?

Nah , they went away quite quickly , along with another 1kg ;)
  • healthy491
    Options
    I was on the pill for like 5 years. I didn't gain weight because of it. I gained weight because I was overeating and sitting on my butt. I've been off the pill for 2+ years now.

Did going off the pill make it easier to lose weight?
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I was on it for about 6 years and didn't gain. But I was only on a low, low dose to try and regulate the red devil.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    The pill doesn't make you gain weight. It can change your appetite, maybe your energy level, and cause a water weight fluxuation, but you still have control over what goes in your mouth. I gained a ton of weight on the pill, lost it on the pill, and still losing with a Skyla IUD.
  • healthy491
    Options
    Thanks for all your help everyone :)
  • LittlestHedgehog
    LittlestHedgehog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did not gain weight on the pill, BUT I gain A LOT on the shot. Most my weight gain is to blame on it. So with any method, just watch your weight closely. Each person is different!
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've been on the pill since I was 12 for medical issues and I've never gained weight because of it. My sister went on the one where you skipped your periods and she gained like 30lbs, but mostly because it made her eat more.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've taken the regular pill for over 7 years with no weight gain (especially from an unplanned surprise, lol).
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Nah, didn't really do anything for me. It made me terribly sick the very first time I took one when I was 18 but other than that, it's been ok.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    I was on the pill for like 5 years. I didn't gain weight because of it. I gained weight because I was overeating and sitting on my butt. I've been off the pill for 2+ years now.

Did going off the pill make it easier to lose weight?

I didn't go off the pill for weight loss. I got tired of taking it and trying to figure out which dosage was right for me as I went through many after a while. The pill did not affect my weight and I think people who say it does is just making up excuses for the excess weight gain.

• healthy491
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! :)
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Blew up my breasts like water balloons all the time, which was painful and did account for some weight gain.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    the pill dont make you gain weight BUT it can make you feel hungry so you eat more which makes you gain weight.

Iv not gained weight on it but because it changes my hormones I struggle losing weight whilst on it and it sends me batty, im like a crazy *kitten* 24/7 lol
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    hahaha forgot would change my word to kitten, crazy kitten dont sound as bad
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I was on the pill for about 25 years of my adult life. I did not gain weight when I went on the pill. During that time I both gained and lost weight, the pill had no effect on my ability to lose or gain. Some people will have a little water weight gain at first because of hormone adjustment, that will go away. Some people will say that it increased their appetite. I never had issues with either.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I was on the pill for about 25 years of my adult life. I did not gain weight when I went on the pill. During that time I both gained and lost weight, the pill had no effect on my ability to lose or gain. Some people will have a little water weight gain at first because of hormone adjustment, that will go away. Some people will say that it increased their appetite. I never had issues with either.

everyone is different though and some people do have those problem, my friend cant even take it cuz it turns her in to a serial killer (almost) where as other people have no mood effects from it all at