Open Diaries with 'standard' food.

Options
Koldnomore
Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
As the title of the post suggests. I'm looking for people who have open diaries that eat "standard" food and have under 1600 GROSS calories to eat. It seems the only diaries in that calorie range I see are full of special calorie reduced 'diet' bread, powdered peanut butter, fat free, sugar free, flavor free whatever free stuff.

I plan to eat normally for the rest of my life and don't want to have to rely on the availability of all these 'special' foods to be able to lose weight. I don't want to worry about what happens when I have to go on a trip or visit family in another part of the world or even if I move somewhere else. I want to be able to eat the normal food that you can buy in the grocery store without having to go shop at 'trader joes' or 'whole foods' or other specialty stores to find calorie reduced versions of normal foods.

If you don't mind me looking for ideas in your diaries please post here.

Thanks!

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you want ideas try www.skinnytaste.com

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Lol I have real food in my diary. It's open to the public. No powdered protein. No diet bread. I do use the Nature's Own Double Fiber wheat, which is quite tasty. I eat 1100-1300 calories a day.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to the public and I do not eat special diet food or shop at special stores. My calorie goal is 1200 and I eat between 1200-1500 most of the time. I've lost 25 lbs eating normal food. I haven't been eating as much some days recently because I wasn't feeling well.
    My advice would be to pre-log what you want to eat. Use a food scale. Use the recipe builder. Get the portion size right and fill in your meal with more lower calorie vegetables. Particularly watch portion sizes on things like fried foods, bread, cheese, rice, oils, nuts, drinks, dressings and condiments that can add a bunch of calories fast. Try to reach your protein goal.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't use the food diary anymore, and I'm in maintenance and eat 1750-1800 calories on average, and I live in Norway so everything may or may not be available where you live :# - but - I eat "standard" food, almost to the extent that I take pride in it :p and being able to switch things up according to changing circumstances is an important part of how I plan my meals.

I posted a month's worth of meals here: My meals (w/pics)
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request. I don't eat any special diet food, I do eat protein powder to give my protein a boost. The only thing is I'm in the UK and I eat out for lunch, so they aren't diet food, I just tend to pick low cal options at these places. I normally eat under 1500kcal a day.
  • kate141987
    kate141987 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I usually eat just under 1500 cals and it's all standard food :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I eat over 1600 cals but feel free to look at my diary all the same...
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I eat food that I'll continue eating when maintaining and my diary is open.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I typically eat between 1200-1300 calories per day of regular food. I try to avoid low fat and sugar (but aside from an occasional diet soda don't do sugar free) , don't eat alot of carbs but its all regular food.
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to about 1450 a day. Standard food including regular ice cream!!! 19 pounds down in 5 months with about 5-8 pounds to go. Open diary.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think I eat standard food with some protein powder because eating is hard, yo. I also aim for 1650/day
    I do shop at TJ's, but also Target, Smart & Final and Food 4 Less. It just depends on what I need. Everything I buy is just food tho. diet food is stupid.

practice mindfulness when you eat and you will find what makes you feel good and eventually what helps you reach your goals
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Add me. But....you must show support in my posts (only weight loss or weight maintained) if you are to remain a friend
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. I'm around 1800-1900 calories a day. I use protein powder and fiber powder to meet my goals but I don't do diet food or sugar free or fat free anything on purpose. I don't eat as many veggies as I would like but I'm working on improving that.
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, no diet food, around 1500 a day. I still drink some beer and eat some cake too.
  • thaisreamy
    thaisreamy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I also don't eat ''diet'' foods. The only thing I have every now and then is a protein shake to help me meeting my protein intake. I get tired of eating the same things over and over, so I've been trying to get creative in the kitchen every day. I love to cook! My diary is also open
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on whole foods and average 1500-1800 calories a day. Sometimes more if I workout a lot or just have a day where I eat everything in sight!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    My diary's open and you can take a look, but I try to have 2000 calories a day. It's still standard food, and it's not too difficult to eliminate some of the entries in there to get to 1600.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I eat what I consider "real food". If I don't, I fail.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Actually, I believe my diary may be open to the public if you just wanna look.
  • tomorrowistoday0000
    tomorrowistoday0000 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1500-1800 calories a day. If I eat 1200 or below, I get dizzy and am not able to think straight. I can't say I'm a true blue healthy eater but I'm also not a fast food junkie. I don't consider a salad a meal unless it has sufficient protein. Most importantly, my meals must have flavor or I feel like I'm eating plastic (not butter but herbs and spices). And yes, I have cravings for the bad stuff regularly, that's why I workout, to make me mindful of my eating habits but I do allow myself a bad meal once in a while.