Athletic vegetarian keto paleothic girl

Options
Hi all!

Happy to be here :) I think it's polite to introduce myself: I am a young, athletic, vegan/vegetarian women that has been on a somewhat altered paleo diet (I just ate clean and cut out all gluten).

Back in the days, I have been on a carnivore diet, of which for a period of time on a keto diet. This latter diet was made for me by my (at that time) personal trainer, who is not a nutritionist by the way. Although my diet list contained weight measurements, there was no insight in the macro's for me (I did not have the knowledge back than as I have now). Furthermore, my diet was the same every day, lacked diversity and created a massive caloric defict (eating 800 kcal a day while working out heavily, while my BMR was 1400/1600). No wonder I started feeling severely deprived and my mind played tricks with me, which resulted in psychological problems, binges and weight gain.

I am gonna do it all differently now. I am gonna do my keto by myself. I am gonna track my intake and macro's and ensure a diverse diet. I will not only be on a keto diet: I will also be on a paleothic ànd vegetarian diet. Seems like a huge challenge, so feel free to give me feedback, advice or tips.

My goal: burn fat, lose inches and above all: be and stay in good health!

Hopefully I can find other vegan keto paleothics (wow, such a long name for a diet!) here on MFP!

xo

Replies

• CGomez2967
    Options
    How are you doing in your diet? Being keto and vegetarian is so hard. I am a triathlete and need to get back on track as I stopped training for 6+ months due to work issues. Being Keto has pushed me into eating meats. I will be acceptant of eating fish and lower end species if I have to. It is a very hard choice indeed.
    Thanks
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i'm confused - vegan diets are commonly high in carbohydrates and therefore nonketogenic. ketogenic diets are very low in carbohydrates and usually high in fat and meat.

i'd love to know how you accomplish both at once! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    CGomez2967 wrote: »
    How are you doing in your diet? Being keto and vegetarian is so hard. I am a triathlete and need to get back on track as I stopped training for 6+ months due to work issues. Being Keto has pushed me into eating meats. I will be acceptant of eating fish and lower end species if I have to. It is a very hard choice indeed.
    Thanks

Have you looked at the eco atkins site? Might help give you ideas!
  • mawkishstoic
    mawkishstoic Posts: 14 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    CGomez2967 wrote: »
    I will be acceptant of eating fish and lower end species if I have to. It is a very hard choice indeed.

WTF?? A lower end species? Where is the line drawn and why is a fish lower end? Are you using an evolutionary scale and will eat newts, but not salamanders? Or is based on sheer cuteness... munch down on a slimy trout, but not cuddly bunny or a watery eyed calf? Utterly mind boggling...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This thread was started july 2013. I am sure she found it impossible.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    Then even crazier that someone felt it worthy of resurrection....
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Well, it is Bo Derek, after all.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    I always thought Bo ate meat
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but that included a great calorie burn.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    Good point....
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    i'm confused - vegan diets are commonly high in carbohydrates and therefore nonketogenic. ketogenic diets are very low in carbohydrates and usually high in fat and meat.

i'd love to know how you accomplish both at once! :)

I was thinking the same thing. What's left?
    eq7fjg1r8sao.jpg
    1nz55xvkw6pt.jpg