Questions for those with HRM Fitness Trackers

Options
I apologize if this is the wrong subforum for this, but I figured this thread would get the most visibility here.

I know that fitness trackers are not completely accurate, especially the ones that measure your heart rate, but I was just curious as to what everyone else gets as their resting heart rate from their trackers, as well as their HR during walking and/or other exercise.
  • I have a Fitbit Charge HR.
  • I'm 31 years old, 5'3", and 108 pounds.
  • Resting HR is usually between 48 and 50 bpm.
  • Average HR when walking is 100 to 115 bpm. On leisurely walks with many stops, it's between 76 and 81 bpm.
  • Average HR during cardio is 120 to 130 bpm. When running, my average HR is 148 to 150 bpm, with a peak HR of around 170 bpm.
  • Average HR during resistance training is 91 to 100 bpm but 110 to 120 bpm if I do a lot of leg work.

Replies

• LPflaum
    LPflaum Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same. My RHR is closer to 60bpm (yours is low, but still healthy, like an athlete's). I try to make sure my heart rate during cardio is at least 135-140bpm with peaks between 150-170. I like to do heavy cardio before a weight set, so if I can really get my HR up at the end of my cardio sets, I can usually keep it over 100 through an hour of weights (I do squats, lunges, or deads when it starts dropping. if all else fails- jumping jacks/jump rope).
  • jtcedinburgh
    jtcedinburgh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    RHR: about 52-54
    Walking HR: varies from 70-100 depending on length & intensity
    Running HR: 120 up to 160+.

• genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I mean, these answers are going to be entirely individual, and should be.

I know the ChargeHR gets a lot of flack for being inaccurate, and it may be, but I don't care. It's data. As long as mine is inaccurate in the same way every day it's working for me!

I will brag that my resting heart rate has dropped from 78 to 62 in the last few months with my exercise! Love that i can see my heart getting healthier!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I mean, these answers are going to be entirely individual, and should be.

I know the ChargeHR gets a lot of flack for being inaccurate, and it may be, but I don't care. It's data. As long as mine is inaccurate in the same way every day it's working for me!

I will brag that my resting heart rate has dropped from 78 to 62 in the last few months with my exercise! Love that i can see my heart getting healthier!

Yeah, that's why I'm asking people; I'm curious as to what they get from their fitness trackers and how much everything varies by person, height, weight, age, etc.

You're right, the ChargeHR gets flack but I feel the same way you do; mine has been an integral part of my weight loss and works for me. If anything, mine has been underestimating my TDEE actually. I know it isn't perfect, but I think Fitbits get a lot of flack in general and a big part of it is due to user error(s).

Congrats on having your HR drop! That's an amazing feeling. When I first got my ChargeHR in July 2015, my resting HR was in the 60s. It's been nice to see the gradual improvements. Some people call fitness trackers glorified pedometers, but I enjoy having one.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    31, female, 5'6", 155 lbs

Resting HR is 58 average. Walking at a moderate pace my average is 115. Power walking gives me a rate of 120-125, sometimes closer to 130. If I'm just walking around my apartment doing whatever then my HR could be anywhere from 75-90.

When I first got my Charge HR a few months ago my resting HR was around 68. Usually it's 57-59 now.