scales

so i bet this has been asked before but im curious........

I usually weigh myself every morning on the scales in my bed room (on flat hard laminate flooring)

HOWEVER today while I was out I nipped in boots and weighed myself on the scales there which is where I always used to weigh in once a week before I had my own scales.

well the bedroom scales said I was 89.3kg, the boots scales said Im 88.4kg

so which do I take as my weight? do I forget about the boots scales and stick with mine in the thinking that as long as the number keeps going down the actually number dont matter OR do I scrap my scale and go back to weigh in at boots once a week

what would you do?

Replies

• MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    and before anyone says it, I know its not a massive difference but is still lower lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Stick with the scale you always use
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    I'd use the most convenient scale, consistently.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited August 2016
    Stick with the same scale, the one you use at home will be handiest as you can weigh in first thing which is the best time, before eating etc.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    thats the thing though, I always used the boots scales until around 4 weeks ago (so 2 years Iv been using them, only got mine own for convinence not realising there would be a difference)
  • MoveitlikeManda
    hahaha can you imagine the looks Id get if I stripped off in boots at 9am every friday :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    mbaby86 wrote: »
    hahaha can you imagine the looks Id get if I stripped off in boots at 9am every friday :D
    LOL yeah there'd be a lot of onlookers :smiley:
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Speaking of scales, which one do you recommend? I was at Bed Bath & Beyond trying to buy a digital scale. I tried all of them. Every time I got on, they gave me a different number. Help!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    I have a cheap one from argos. am sure other can sugest some better ones lol
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Whenever my son or I go to the doctors I weigh myself and its consistently 3-4lb less than what my home scale says even though it's later in the day after I've eaten. My son is special needs and I have autoimmune issues so I am at doctors more often than most and have been able to test this at multiple doctor offices 1-2 times a month for the past several months.

I use my home scale to track trends but I update my weight here using the doctor scale number because its lower and makes me feel better when it shows I'm closer to my goal. That might sound petty or silly but it makes me feel good about what I'm doing to lose weight.